29:: Arashi to Uragiri

-------> song on the right is the one your looking for. I urge you to listen to it. its a really pretty song :)

And yes this is Rhythm's voice actress . . . I guess until I can find someone better

WARNING! This chapter is rated R for violence and gore and stuff! If you can't handle it then skip this chapter. though this is probably one of the most important chapters in the book . . . just saying.

~Rhythm~

Stomping around and kicking up large boulders by a Marine base with a bounty on your head was defiantly not the best way to release your anger.

The clouds above grew thicker and darker by the second, temperatures dropping by counts. There were Marine’s coming after me. They yelled at me, warning me to stop and give in. I didn’t want to fight because I was still a bit sore from the last battle with Sapphire. I had to be careless and let them notice me. Great.

“Dammit!” I muttered. I turned the corner and dove behind some trash cans. The marines ran past my hiding place, completely oblivious.

When I was sure they were gone, I hesitatingly stood up from my hiding place. The sky grew darker, intimidating the few citizens outside into hiding. Cobblestoned streets and lantern lit pathways that lined the city was empty, with the 3 story tall brick buildings shut and locked for the upcoming storm. Everything was holding its breath, waiting for the storm to past and the danger to disperse.

(Song Inspiration: Lost in Paradise by Evanescence)

“Delilah,” A soft voice said behind me.

I turned sharply. At the end of the street under the low gas-light, was Sano.

“Sano! There you are! I was getting worried!” I said; a smile slid up my face.

“Rhythm. . .” he muttered.

(The music starts. A slow, sad tune with the piano)

I ran up to him, able to see his face now. His eyes were shadowed from the dim light and his drooped head. The Marine coat hanging from his shoulders lifted and swirled in the wind as thunder rumbling in the distance. “Sano, come on. It’s gonna rain and we don’t want to get caught in the storm.”

He didn’t reply, but he was muttering something over and over under his breath. His hands shook slightly, either from cold or something else, I don’t know. I reached out and touched his hand.

That small touch seemed to send volts of electricity through him. He jerked away, stumbling back with dark eyes and even darker look on his face.

(The singer takes a deep breath and starts to sing. A beautiful voice with a deep, emotional tone)

“Don’t touch me, pirate!” he sneered. The wind picked up, billowing his coat behind him and my hair into my face.

“You’re kidding right? Because it’s not funny.” I ran my hand through my hair, only to have the wind to blow it back into my face.

I’ve been believing in something~ so distant~

As if I was human~

“I’m not kidding, Jade. I am a Marine Rear Admiral, and I cannot be an acquaintance of you. And I haven’t gotten this high up just for sleeping with a pirate.”

“Hey that was only once . . . twice in one night, but what are you getting at?” I protested.

“I’m saying, I’m going to take you down and turn you into the World Government for your crimes in piracy.” His face showed no emotion, eyes blank and mouth in a firm line.