10:: Revealing the Truth. The Heart's Callling and Loss

AN: imagine this next scene with anime light, sweet dramatic orchastrated music, and certain points in slow mo then you see this scene through my minds eye.

btw, PANDAMAN ROCKS!

Oh hey, in all the chapters iv never made a disclaimer.

Okay ill let Zoro do it.

Zoro: ehhem. . . Lady Sakura disclaimes this book and any follow up books. Everything belongs to Eiichiro Oda, except Rhythm D. Jade, Sano, and any other character that you have never read/seen in the manga/anime. Please support the original anime/manga.

can i get my katana back now?

Me: no. Now go take your shirt off and stretch in the sunlight.

Zoro: strange request but okay

The fact that I had a dangerous illness that only a guy could cure was total B.S. Makino has to be teasing me. But I'm not gonna let some pathetic trick knock me down.

Well I'm not going to fall down that easily. After growing up hunting animals the size of my house with Luffy and Ace, living in the wild and getting stuff from Grey Terminal, I'm pretty tough. I guess. . .

I trekked across the cliffs at the border of the In-Between Forest, tugging my jacket closer as the sea breeze grazed my bare skin, laden with salt and adventure. I reached a point where I could go highest, then sat down on a rock, overlooking the sea. I prefered being alone most of the time, where all I could hear is nothing, only the ocean waves cut through the nothingness like a katana, urging me to cross its vast space and explore the corners, searching for prizes and glory. My heart was here anchored to an unknown rock, while my soul skipped across the rolling waves. My mind was stuck, in between like the forest. To stay or to leave, with my heart or fly with my soul.

Footsteps approached. I turned to see Sano, setting sun making his dark eyes glitter like gold like the tiny hoops in his ears. My heart gave a little skip at the sight of him. How his dark waves in his hair shined in the fading light, soft yet stringy. He grinned. "Are you checking me out?"

I turned back around, cheeks flaming. "N-no. Why whould I check out a stupid Marine like you?"

He paused. The came over and sat next to me on the ground. I angled away from him. We sat there in silence, getting harder and harder to sit there in silence when he was so close.

"Why do you hate the Marine's so much?" he asked.

"None of your business." I snapped.

"Did the Marine's do something to you that made you hate them so much?" he asked.

I bit my bottom lip. "They don't care." was all I said.

"Don't care? We ensure the safety of everyone in the world. The World Government is following the laws of Justice, and non other."

"There's no such thing as justice." I said softly. "They follow what they believe is right, and its not always right. Worshipping those who just take advantage of the Governemnts power and use it for their horrible entertainment. And they just care about what the world thinks of them, and has nothing to do with the fact that innocent people will die in the process." I stood up." Not caring the consequences of the deaths. the heartbreak only to make sure they look good for the so-called 'royalty'." My eyes felt hot and my voice was about to crack. I wasn't going to show any sign of weakness in front of my enemy. I stood up. The sun was almost set.

"Royalty." was all he said. He understood. I know he does. "Whatever they did, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry for whatever happened to you in the past, or what you saw. I don't want-" he cut off. The increasing tide splashed against the cliff face as the sun was almost gone, almost replaced my the silvery mysterious moon. He continued, standing up too, "I don't want to see you hurt. Never. And when I become an Admiral, I'll make sure that things like that won't happen."