23:: Final Conclusion. Putting Out Those Fires We Started.

%Narrator%

The fights are coming to the end, as Chopper, Sanji, Zoro, and Nami come out as the winner, while the Vine Pirates fall to their own weaknesses. Usopp and Nami are now facing the final showdown with Saito, while Robin is off doing whatever Robin does in serious situations.

Luffy on the other hand, is still fighting Witch. The battle gets more serious as the fires get closer, the stakes are higher and the anger is more potent.

Will this country finally be free or will Luffy fall to his own anger and let Witch take over? What happened to Robin? Will Princess Amaya finally do her job as next in line for the crown for Tomoni Island? And will Rhythm finally get that puppy she always wanted (JK she wants a cannibalistic duck)?

~Rhythm~

I can still remember the day I made that discovery. I was nine years old, the year before I lost my innocence. There was a mountain range behind the In-Between forest (I never bothered to learn the name) and I loved hiking up there by myself sometimes, to get away from Ace and Luffy and all their mad training, but especially whenever Garp was in town. I ventured into a shallow cave and took a seat by a rock to take a break. Sometimes when I’m sitting I’d start digging around in the dirt, savaging for interesting rocks and what-not. I’ve always had a weird thing for rocks, especially gemstones. I have a few books on them and all their different properties, beliefs and symbolism. I don’t own anything like that, except for some simple pearl earrings Garp gave me for my birthday. Of course, their sitting in our base still in the box. It was nice and all, but pearls aren’t really my thing.

Anyway, I was digging in the damp dirt, earth getting clogged in my awkwardly cut fingernails and staining my already dirty skin. My hair stuck out in different angles and I had bandages on my legs, arms, and face, along with some bruises and light scrapes (a giant bruise on my back where Luffy fell on me). My tank top hung off my small frame like an overlarge blanket, and my shorts were ripping at the seams, with the toes of my black ankle boots were worn at the toes and heels and had a fine lair of dirt over the soft fabric. I flinched when I cut my middle finger on a sharp rock, the blood oozing out of the tiny scrape and stinging from the dirt clogging the injury. I dug around to see what caused me to bleed so I could throw it off the cliff side.

When I did, it wasn’t what I expected at all. A pale blue gemstone, clogged with dirt but clearly real. I tried wiping away most of the bigger chunks, but most stayed caught on its rough edged. It was really pretty, something I could probably sell and get some good money with it. I examined the pale blue facets, seeing if I could recognize what kind of stone it was.

“I’ll ask Makino. She should know.” I grinned happily and stood up, brushing my muddy hands on my filthy clothes and started trekking back down the mountain. I paused at the edge of the cave and put the stone into the pouch belted around my left leg. There, the blue (gem)stone rested with  more rocks, some bits of glittering granite, white ivory, a delicate abalone shell, black schorl, and other interesting shaped rocks.

When I returned to Foosha Village, I headed straight to Makino’s bar.

“Makino! Do you know what this is?” I yelled out over the hustle of the busy bar.

“Jade, you’re a mess!” Makino exclaimed, putting down the glass she was cleaning and attempted to wipe my filthy face.

“Makino! Stop it I’m just going to get dirty again!” I yelled, pushing her away.

“What is it?” She cocked her head to the side as I sat down at the bar, feet dangling from the bar stool and chest barley to the top of the bar.