20 ❁ Mother Dearest☑️

CHAPTER TWENTY❁ mother dearest ❁

CHAPTER TWENTY
❁ mother dearest ❁

"i don't follow rules. I make them. And when necessary, I break them." - Veronica Lodge

❁❁ ❁❁ ❁❁ ❁❁ ❁❁

IT WAS A HORRIFIC SIGHT THAT LAYED IN FROMT OF DAHLIA. Countless bodies, dead, scattered all over the mountain. Her heart ached for the countless families that were taken. They were just trying to get to earth, trying to survive and start a new life. Who knew that this is what life had in store for them. Dahlia felt tears fill her eyes as she looked at the many bodies, some only a feet away from her. Bellamy notices this and a soft expression forms on his face as he takes her hand in his. She looks at him, their eyes connecting and he could tell that she wouldn't forget about this anytime soon. Finn looks at the couple as he impatiently waits around.

"There's nothing we can do for these people." Bellamy states as a sigh leaves his lips. He knew that not everyone was going to survive coming down here, he just didn't think a whole section was going to die. "We gotta go." He tells everyone, who all nod their heads. They begin to walk away when Monroe looks down the mountain, squinting her eyes.

"Hey someone's down there." Monroe announces as she peeks over the edge to indeed she a woman hanging on for dear life. Dahlia's eyebrows furrow as she also walks over to get a look.

"Hey! Up here!" Bellamy shouts, earning the woman's attention. The woman looks up causing Dahlia to lose her breath as she recognizes the woman. There's no way that she was seeing who she thought she was.

"Please help me!" The woman pleads as she tries to keep a hold on the tree branch on the side of the mountain. Sterling glances at Dahlia as he looks over the edge

"Marion?" Sterling asks, confused as to how she was alive. Mostly because everyone else was dead. But Dahlia was thinking something entirely different. Her father said her mother sacrificed herself and yet there she was.

"You know her?" Murphy questions as he looks at Sterling who nods his head before looking at Dahlia. The rest of the group minus Finn who wasn't really paying attention, looks to Dahlia as they furrow their eyebrows.

"Shut up Murphy, she's Dahlia's mother. We have to do something."  Sterling announces causing everyone to look at each other shocked. They all knew Marion had sacrificed herself back on the ark but that didn't explain her being a couple feet below them at that very second.

"Help me!" Marion cries out but Dahlia just stands still, not being able to move. Her mother was alive. She was really alive even though Marcus had said that she wasn't. Had he lied to her? But what reason would he have to lie?