29 ❁ Defeating The Odds☑️

CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE❁ defeating the odds ❁

CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE
❁ defeating the odds ❁

"The odds are that the... the odds mean crap. So people should face it and they should fight." - Lexi Grey

❁❁ ❁❁ ❁❁ ❁❁ ❁❁

KOL HAD FINALLY MADE IT TO THE VILLAGE, Dahlia leaning against his back almost unconscious as the pain had become too much for her. He was riding into the village as his eyes searched for the doctor among the multiple people around.

He needed to find her as quick as possible because Kol was worried that Dahlia didn't have much time left to fight. His eyes finally land on the older woman who had been standing next to Miller's father. "Hey! Abby!" Kol shouts making the woman turn her head, confusion laced in her eyes as he stopped the horse in front of her. Abby stared at the grounder, wondering what he wanted until her eyes landed on the girl sitting behind him.

"Damn it, get her into the tent." Abby demands with a stern voice as they carefully get the girl down from the horse to carry into the tent they were using to fix people up. They lay her on the makeshift table, the girl's head rolling to the side.

"I tried to get here as fast as I could." He points out as he looks to Abby who only gives him a reassuring smile, seeing the boy almost hyperventilate at the sight of the strawberry blonde.

"You did good, Kol. Now let me save her." Abby tells him trying to calm the boy down as she checked out the girls wounds. They were bad, she would admit that. Kol frowns as he bounces on his feet, nervously.

"Is she going to be okay?" Kol asks as he glances down at the girl who had sweat glimmering her skin. Abby sighs as he watches the boy take Dahlia's hand.

"I will do my best, go get her father." She tells the boy who was a bit confused on why Kol was so close to the girl but she didn't question it since she needed to focus on saving the girl. Kol nods his head before placing a kiss on the girls forehead.

"Fight, Dahlia. Please just..fight." he whispers into her ear before leaving the tent in a hurry, not wanting to be there any longer than he had to be since he hated seeing her in that state.

"Okay, I can do my part but you have to hold up your side, you got it?" Abby tells Dahlia with a small smile on her face as she rubs the girls arm before getting to work.

Kol looks around for Marcus Kane, trying to keep his face neutral not wanting to get him worried right off the bat. After a bit of searching his eyes land on the man who was keeping watch. "Kane!" He shouts to gain his attention. Kane turns his head to the grounders, curiousity in his eyes.