Patience

KANNA

"I can't believe this. How could I be so stupid." I pace back and forth in my living room. Was I not careful? Not wait this isn't my fault, it's him, it's all his fault. Fuck Fuck Fuck. What the hell do I do? Do I tell him? What if he doesn't want another kid. What if he decides I am not worth it and leaves me. He's still married. Reality had hit me, I'm pregnant with a married man's baby. I am the other woman! Questions flew through my mind. Questions that I was too afraid to find the answers too. What if I don't like the outcome.

Finally leaving my home with some prescription prenatal vitamins my doctor had prescribe, I was greeted by my son Kyle who warmly hugged me once I entered my office.

"There you are. Are you feeling better?" Miley asked. I had taken two days off from work and within those two days Michael wanted to take care of me as sweet as that sound I had to turn him down. I couldn't look him in the eyes without feeling guilty or extremely scared.

"What's with that look?" I bet she could hear my heart beating a mile a second.

Sitting down on my comfy chair with Kyle in my lap. Miley handed me this morning's magazine. "Well I got good news."

My back now stiffened at her statement, "Turn to Page 27."

Okay I thought. Turning to page 27 I gleeful cheered. This was good news. Finally, something going right.

"Miley get everyone in the meeting room now."

"I was hoping you would say that."

Collecting my things and Kyle I entered the meeting room with a cheerful expression and a bounce in my step.

Clearing my throat, I held out the magazine on page 27 placing it in the center for everyone to see.

I witness the stares and gazes. In particular one person who was now sweating and trembling in fear. Well they should be because what was on the magazine was the wedding dress that I had design and passed out a few days ago.

"It's a wedding dress." Tracy curiously spoke.

"Indeed, it is. This is a wedding dress done by one of you."

"I don't understand how it got here in this magazine. I mean we all had the same pictures so one of us are the traitors." Amanda stood up pointing the facts out.

In deed that was true unfortunately she missed one certain fact.

"Amanda pack up your things, your fired."

"What, I'm fired." She gasped. In fact, the whole room gasped.

"I don't understand, certainly it was not me I mean we all had the same pictures so why state it was me." She gulped while Miley had a smug look on her face.

"Each one of you had a different design and only yours made it on page 27 of this issue."

Soon everyone was clapping. Everyone here knew of my designs being leaked but we didn't know who leaked them.

"No please Ms. Kahn you can't fire me you just...."

After Amanda's break down at the meeting I decided to have a one on one conversation with her.

Sitting in my office across from me. I watch her fumble her thumbs.

"Why Mandy, why did you steal my designs that I work so hard on."

"Ms. Kahn I am sorry but I needed the money."

So, this was all about the money. "You know if you are in trouble you could always come to me. We have been friends and it hurt to know you would do this to me."