Time

KANNA

Time, that is how much we need it right now. Time seems to move faster when you're in need of it and slower when you want the day to be over.

With the clock counting down, we only had a few minutes before everything that we have worked hard for goes down the drain.

Looking at my employees and models, they all looked at me with uneasiness.

Inhale, exhale, inhale, exhale. With every fiber of my being shook with apprehension I had to do this. For every problem there is a solution, right?

All I had in this room where my seven loyal employees. Each one had their own fashion expertise. I made sure the employees I hired can handle a needle. Who needs a machine, cause right now I do, I so do. But the old fashion way will have to be.

Taking another deep breath to calm my nerves, I clapped my hands to get the attention of everyone in this room. About 10 minutes on the clock. And I sure can't present this now, not my designs.

I had explained to everyone that these designs we must now scrap. Course I got some confusing look but with little time to go into further details we had to take action.

"Greg, bring out our last year's 2017 winter collection." Though the theme was for summer we all will have to make a few altercations.

Without question me, Greg filled the room with the winter collection. Slowly I told my staff what I want done. These clothes are made for winter so all we had to do is strip some lining here and there. Making sure these clothes are less warm, making it more thinner and comfortable to be use during summer. Adding a little colorful sequence so that the dresses are more vibrant.

Everyone, even the models work diligently and efficiently. The thing is can we make it in time? No this has to work. I have to make it work. I continue to chant to myself.

-----------------------------------------

MICHAEL

It was no secrete I was on edge. Even Linda noticed it. I was sitting with my in laws, my parents, Jack, Bailey, and Dana. In front of us were champagne and a magazine filled with clothes. The clothes that Kanna's model had on earlier. How it made its way to this event is in this morning's magazine is beyond me. The lights were dimmed as we all watch several fashion designers laid out their designs.

There were some exquisite ones. Unfortunately, I couldn't enjoy what was in front of me. My thoughts were consumed by Kanna. Was she okay? Did she find a solution? I shouldn't have left her.

Dana and Bailey sat quietly in their seats. That's a first. Usually they'd be chatting up a storm. However, they were extremely quiet giving each other looks and skimming through the magazine, that had me worried.

As for Jack and me, well after what had happened between him and Kanna things were never the same. How dare he lay a hand on her. She is mine. Wait did I just say that? I am married. I reminded myself giving a soft smile towards Dana.

Dana and I have been through a lot together including the death of her older brother. I remember the promise I made him, to look after his sister when he couldn't.

My eyes close in memory of Dana's brother, my best friend Fred. I am sorry Fred but a part of me is waning on my feelings for Dana. I'm trying to hold on, really, I am. The only thing that is keep me still married to her is our history and our daughter Lacy. I am sorry if I won't be able to keep my promises. I silently whispered to him, hoping he'd understand.

The music stops only for the announcer to make his appearance, introducing the next fashion designer, Ms. Kahn.

Everyone waited a good solid minute before her models made an appearance. Their clothes were different of what they had on earlier. I really wish that I was there to help her with her problems. But Kanna's right. If I hadn't gone back, Dana would've been suspicious and I can't have her making a scene at this prestigious event.