Chapter Twenty Eight

28 - Love more

'Maybe there's something you're afraid to say, or someone you're afraid to love, or somewhere you're afraid to go. It's gonna hurt. It's gonna hurt because it matters.'
- John Green

~*~

A few days passed by since it was Elise's birthday, and its been days since Andi is back in our house. Nana cried the first time she saw her got out of my car — she did not expect it and I was not sure how my efforts would go that day. I was just lucky, I guess. I'm a one lucky bastard to have Andi back again. Nana's face looked like she had seen an apparition and a gift from Christmas, Andi and I couldn't help not to chuckle.

I began to do recording again in the studio for more than twelve hours a day. Scooter looked surprised but I told him I needed to recuperate from the past months I've given him and the company a headache. He was pleased.

Though half of the time I was inside the studio, I still found myself looking and adjusting time for Andi and I to meet halfway.

An unspoken compromise started to unyield between us, we would meet now every morning to have breakfast together and at the end of the day we would talk about random things before and after dinner time. We sometimes even help Nana cook. A sudden change shifted; it wasn't like how it was the first time. To be honest, I admit it was out of our character, due to the circumstances that happened between us, but it was because of these mishaps that we ended up like this — slowly and gradually, we were trying to make it work.

We weren't saying anything about it, but I knew we were definitely making it work this time.

I pulled my comforter closer towards me, feeling a little colder than usual. My body feels weary and tired.

"Knock. Knock. It's time to wake up Justin." Andi's voice resounded from the other side of the door — not new to our routine but it was something I appreciated more now. I could not help not to feel guilty for the past times I always shouted at her. I was always angry about anything that revolved around her, it was so petty of me. "Justin Drew Bieber, wake up now or I'll have to barge in and tear down this wall." She warned. A smile involuntary made its way on my face.

I tucked myself out of my bed and swiftly descended my way towards the door. Lo and behold a beautiful brunette appeared as I opened it. Her saccharine eyes stared at me as one of her eyebrows raised.

"Good morning to you too." I greeted back smirking. "You're always jealous of the relationship I had with my bed." I continued as I ushered her away, heading downstairs. My arm discreetly made its way around her shoulder. 

She rolled her eyes and in return, enclosed her hand around my waist, pinching my side lightly. I laughed. "Scooter said you have to be early today."

"Screw Scooter. I hate waking up early." I stated as we found ourselves inside the kitchen. Nana's luscious cooking filled the air. I felt my stomach rumbled upon the smell.

Andi chuckled. "I would know that." She paused and made her way towards Nana, unwrapping herself off of me. "Good morning Nana."

"Morning Nana." I greeted as well as I made my way on my usual seat. Nana glanced at us and gave us a warm smile in return.

"Good morning."

I watched in silence as Nana and Andi exchanged their usual morning conversation —how Andi would tuck her hair behind her ears when she laughs and how happy she looks like as she stirs the coffee she's making. My heart suddenly skipped that I bit my bottom lip.