Chapter 7

Matt's POV

I noticed that Kourtney was gone about 5 minutes after I got to the skate park. I drove all around town to try and find her but I just couldn't. Then after about an hour and a half, I decided to see if she was at home.

I got out of my car and went up to the front door. I hesitated before knocking. Then her mom opened the door.

"Hi Matthew. How are you?" she asked.

"Im good. Is Kourtney here?" I asked.

"Yea hold on."

"Kourtney, Someone is here for you." she yelled upstairs

"Who?" she asked.

"Matthew." she said looking at me amd smiling.

It went quiet for a little bit but then she replied.

"I'll be down in a minute."she said before shutting a door.

I waited by the door and then she came down in spandex shorts and a tank top. Then I asked if we could go outside.

I opened the door and we both stood on the patio.

"Are you sure you're ok?" I asked.

"Matt we already went through this. I'm fine." she replied.

"Then why did you leave when we got to the park."

She didn't answer and she looked at the ground.

"Why did you leave the fucking park?" I asked more aggressively.

"Your friends always make fun of me ok?" she yelled.

"They always make fun of me, they push me around and they are just rude." she exclaimed.

She started crying and then I pulled her in for a hug but she pushed me away.

"You're eventually gonna change and start acting like that." she said wiping away a tear.

"How do you know?" I asked folding my arms.

"Because Carter and I used to be best friends. Then he started doimg Vines and then he started hanging out with your friends and then he changed. We barely talk unless we are forced to. Plus, Carter is my cousin." she explained with a few tears rolling down her face.

"I-I'm so sorry Kourtney." I said before wiping away a tear off her face. Then she hugged me.

She cried into my shirt as I rubbed her back. When she started calming down, I lifted her head off my shoulder and kissed her lips gently. Then she pulled away.

"Matt, I can't do this. You're with that other girl."

"We're not together. She is just this girl I made out with and then I ditched her. But she thinks we're together. We aren't." I explained.

"So if you and me ever dated, you would make out with me or have sex with me, then ditch me?" she asked folding her arms.

"No. Kourtney, you're different. I would never do anything like that to hurt you." I said.

I went to kiss her again but she put her hand in front of her face.

"I'm not ready for a relationship right now." she said.

"Oh ok. Well can I at least get a kiss on the cheek?" I asked.

She leaned on to kiss my cheek but then I moved and she kissed my lips.

"Matt?" she yelled jokingly.

"Let's only be good friends for now and then we'll see about us in the future." she said before going back in to her house and shutting the door.