[25] Breakfast

Avery-Rose

When I woke up in the morning I expected to wake up beside a little human, but I was wrong. Once I realize that she is not beside me, I shoot out of the bed and look around the room. Nothing. I walk out of the room and look around the big hallway. Still nothing. Usually, if I was at home I wouldn't worry about her not being in sight because I had child proof locks on all the doors so she couldn't leave the house or get into the knife drawer. But here I had no control over that.

I started to get worried as I run down the stairs. When I turn the corner into the dining room there was no one there and that's when I really started to panic. But my panic disappears when I enter the kitchen and I see Niall holding Ellie while he makes eggs. I don't say anything, I just lean against the door way watching him as he hums swaying back and forth with Ellie in his arms.

"NiNi, I really like you." Ellie says sweetly to Niall.

"I really like you too Ellie." He tells her kissing her forehead.

It's honestly a strange sight for me to see. I've never really seen anybody with Ellie that was like a father figure. I mean sure Ben is nice to Ellie but the entire time I've been with him I never once thought 'Wow, Ben would make an amazing dad to Ellie'. But for some reason watching Niall making breakfast at half past seven in the morning, talking to Ellie, makes me see that father figure.

But that thought makes me feel a little guilty because Liam is actually trying here. He does want to be a part of Ellie's life, the least I could do is introduce him to her. And what better time to do that then while I'm rebuying everything for her. I guess I'll just call him later and invite him.

"I think my mommy really likes you too" Ellie tells him.

"Can I tell you a secret El," He says looking to her, Ellie nods. "I really like your mum to." He says in more of a whisper. When he says that, I get this weird feeling in my stomach, excited almost.

"Before you mommy was always sad. But I see her smile more." She says. I never really put together that Ellie notices my mood, she so little I never really thought that she understood feelings. For the last three years I was always living in fear that I would never be a good enough mother for her. When Niall came around, I don't know he made me forget about all the bad things that were happening.

Before I can over hear any more of their conversation I silently leave the kitchen moving back up into my temporary room. When I grab my phone I see that I had a missed call from Adam. The first thing I do is call my older brother back.

"Hey Blue." He breaths out.

"Hey Adam" I already know what this conversation is about and no part of me wants to have it.

"So dad wants us to have dinner as a family tonight." He informs me.

"Who does he consider as family? Because if the home wrecker is there, then I'm not." I scoff.

"Blue, we need to be with the family today. You know that."

"Ya, let me be with dad today. He is the reason that Alice got into the car accident anyways. If he hadn't called her while we were driving home then Alice would have been here today!" I start to slowly raise my voice.

"Avery, you can't hold that against him." He says in a quite tone.

"There is a lot of shit that our father has put me through not matter what today is. If you hadn't noticed I'm homeless right now and have a trip to LA scheduled for tomorrow morning." Why is he being so annoying right now?

"So what? You made other plans on the anniversary of our sister's death?" He asks annoyed.

"Why are you being like that Adam? We can have a dinner in memory of her when we land in LA. I have to go and buy some clothing so I don't walk around naked or whatever." After that I hang up. I hardly ever get into a fight with my brother, so for him to act weird like this is odd for me.