[15] Put On a Smile

Avery-Rose

Nothing in my life has been that difficult.

Paparazzi came out of every corner, yelling, screaming, swearing.

Getting out of the restaurant took 15 minutes, 15 minutes longer then it should have. But as soon as we got back to the car, we got straight onto the high way and started to go home.

I sat in the back of the car with Ellie, she was still freaked out by all the men outside the restaurant. I don't blame her, I was scared too.

Halfway through the drive, Ellie fell asleep so Ben stopped at a gas station and I moved back into the front of the car.

After two hours of driving, we finally pull into our small town. My house is about 15 minutes into the town, the 15 minutes filled of me and Ben talking about my little Liam problem.

Of course it's not little any more, the entire world probably knows.

So much for keeping this quiet.

When I see my street up ahead a let out a breath that I didn't know I had been holding this entire time. Ben laughs.

"Glad to be back in this small town?"

"You don't even know" I respond to him. Waking up early, interviews, photo shoots, dealing with a tired three year old, paparazzis- it can take a lot out of someone. "All I want to do is go home and sleep." I brefley close my eyes, the peace doesn't last long as I hear my boyfriend curse.

"You got to be fu-" He catches himself before swearing in front of Ellie. Even though shes fast asleep, I appreciate it. "Ave, I have some bad news." He sighs, I don't open my eyes.

"mhm" I simply say.

"They're back" He whispers, as if he really didn't want to tell me. I didn't have to open my eyes to see who "they" are.

I stay silent for a moment "Can you run over them with your car?" I ask him opening one eye. He chuckles.

"Don't think so Love, but I will push pass them and let you two first. We can leave the bags and things,we'll get those later, Just grab El and we'll run in." He tells me and I agree.

I don't even bother going through the back door to pick up Ellie. I reach in between the two seats and unbuckle her, doing my best not to wake her. I grab her backpack which inside had ducky, her blanket, and her EpiPen.

At a young age, maybe like one and a half, we discovered that Ellie had an allergy to strawberries.

***FlashBack ***

"Blue, Adam is coming over for dinner. So you two may want to change out of your pj's" Alice jokes pointing between me and Ellie who is wobbling across the floor.

"But Alicceeee" I whine jokingly.

"Avery, you have been in your pj's since this morining! It's four thirty! It's cute for Ellie because she is 14 months, you, not so much. Now get your little butt into your room and change!" I laugh with my sister and run to my room.

I get changed quickly and run back out.

"Hazel, you need help?" I moved in with my sister after everything that happend in the last few months. I know how much it must suck for a 20 year old to have her 18 year old sister move in with her year old daughter. So I try to help out as much as I can.

"I think I'm okay, can you put the snacks on the table." She asks motioning to the nuts, candies and fruit tray on the countier.

"Why did you make so much? I thought it was just Adam coming over?" I ask doing as she says.