23 - 'Zayn said exactly the same'

After the little intimate situation with Zayn and hearing that Perrie was coming back we headed back to the boys in silence. I said to him that it was great that she was returning, but deep inside I felt something different about her coming back.

I was also wondering what he wanted to tell me, but I didn’t ask for it. I didn’t dare to do it, I was scared. Plus, I was still vulnerable because of Mark.

When we reached the boys they threw all kind of questions towards me, I started to panic again but Zayn helped me out by saying that my mom was a bit sick. They seemed to believe it, but I saw in Harry’s eyes that he didn’t. But I planned to tell him later. 

We paid the bill and walked back to the cars, my head still pounding because of all the drama and the hectic actions that happened this evening. My voice was still weak and I didn't feel very good. 

“Rebecca? Are you here?” Harry said as he snapped his fingers in front of my face, making me come out of my deep thoughts.

I looked at him confused, “Yeah.. What did you say?" I croaked.  

“If you want to sit alone in the car, or that one of us could join you?” 

I simply shrugged for an answer. 

He smiled, “Great, then I’ll go with you.”

The other lads stepped in the black SUV’s as we did the same in another, our chauffeur greeted us friendly as we slid in our seats in the back.

Harry cleared his voice, “Could you now tell me who it really was on the phone?”

I swallowed, “What I told you earlier, my mum.”

“Don’t lie to me Rebecca, you said the name Mark when you were calling. And I believe that that isn’t your mums name. And you've been crying I can see it. Was it Mark, your boyfriend?” He spoke calmly.

I sighed loudly, “You’re.. right.” And tears started to well up again.

“Hey.. Don’t cry.” He said softly as he caught a fallen tear on my cheek, brushing it away.   

I sniffed, “Mark accidentally called me, I heard him snogging with Julia.. My best friend.”

“Don't dare to call that Julia your best friend" He demanded, "And about Mark.. He isn’t worth your tears” Harry muttered.  

I made immediately a connection with Zayn, he said almost the same. How sweet, caring and lovely he was. 

A little smile crept on my lips, “Zayn said exactly the same.”  

Silence.   

“You know Rebecca, Zayn can’t shut up about you. It’s getting annoying. He doesn’t talk about Perrie anymore.” Harry chuckled. 

I stared at his green eyes, a weird feeling came in my stomach as Harry said that sentence. He talked about me? My cheeks flushed red at the thought, but I couldn’t believe it. Perrie was his girlfriend, what was I thinking? 

“You don’t have to say that to make me feel better, Harry.” I said a bit irritated. 

“I don’t say that to make you feel better, love. It’s the truth.”

I groaned, “Stop with those lies Harry. They aren’t funny.”

And on cue the car stopped and I stepped out, slamming the door behind me and walking back to my bus. Leaving Harry alone in the car.

I was upset, what was he trying to do? Making me feel happy by telling lies? Zayn didn’t like me, he had Perrie and she was his girlfriend. She was coming back tomorrow and that was everything. Plus, I didn’t like him back, right?