19 - 'I really want to kiss you right now'

“Mark!" I squealed, "Oh god..” I muttered under my breath as I realized what he just saw a couple of seconds ago. “Mark, it isn’t what it looked like!”

“Oh no? I think that I know for sure what it’s look like, Rebecca! What do you think? You’re on tour, away from your boyfriend so you have all the rights to jump on another guy!?”

“No! I don’t do that! Mark, you know better! We just.. fell.” I stammered, tears welling up in my eyes.

“I don’t know what I know now, I just know that I’ve to get out of this bus.” He said angrily and turned around.

“Mark! NO! Don’t go!” I screamed and wanted to go after him, till a hand grabbed mine and stopped me.

“Rebecca, leave him alone. He needs time.” Zayn tried to assure me.

But I snatched my hand out of his, “Don’t tell me what to do, you just ruined everything!” I scowled. 

“ME?!”  He exclaimed. 

“Yes! You!” I screamed and jumped out of the bus, hearing Zayn yelling to me but I ignored his calls. 

“Mark.. Please.. Don’t..” I shouted desperately to him, trying to making him stop but he didn’t.

Tears were rolling down my cheeks, I wiped them away roughly and ran even faster to catch up with him, I stopped right before him.

“Mark..” I whispered and sniffed.

He looked away.

“Mark, please.” I begged again, biting my lip furiously, “Let me explain”

He sighed loudly, “What do you have to explain? I trusted you Rebecca, I wanted to surprise you.”

“Mark, we were cooking and it ran out of control. I fell and I pulled him with me, nothing happened. I swear.”

“Really? Because he was dangerously close..” He frowned, finally making eye contact with me. 

“Mark, I would never cheat on you.”  I whispered. 

“I don't know Rebecca, you've made me pretty upset.”  

“I understand, but again.. Nothing happened. We were just having fun.”  

He sighed and with a stroke, his fingers cleared the last rolling water drops on my cheeks.  “You've made it clear, there was nothing. You don't need to convince me anymore"

I smiled weakly, but I could hear in his voice that he didn't believe me. That he only said that to make me calm down, his eyes were saying the different than what his mouth was saying.