Chapter 48.

🤓 Writer's POV 🤓

Riya and Marriah sat with other middle level manager. Riya wants to make as many as friends possible on her first day.

Victoria and her group approached them.

"Hi Riya. Can we sit here with you", Victoria greeted Riya with a smug look. Riya sensed that, something is going to happen here.

"So how's your first day of work?", They asked her.

"Perfect", was Riya's reply.

"Why are you eating with them Riya, you shouldn't be eating with middle level manager's. It's a shame even as a secretary, Victoria doesn't sit with them. But you, Mr. Romanov gave you top level post still your are eating with them", one of Victoria friend spoke.

"Excuse me. What do you mean with eating with middle level manager's", Marriah yelled at Victoria friend's.

"Don't get me wrong Marriah but that's true. Top level workers have class. With you don't have. You are just lucky that you being appointed as Riya's p.a otherwise you were just spare staff", Victoria spoke.

"Oh shut up. You are insulting me and my friends", Marriah yelled at Victoria.

"If you have so much irritation with eating with us. Then why are you here. Get lost", Marriah snapped at Victoria.

"Marriah stay in your limit. Don't you forget what i can do with you", Victoria snapped at Marriah.

Marriah got up from her seat.

"You are just only taking undue advantage of being Mr. Romanov p.a nothing much. You bully your fellow workers, you accuse them with false charge and spread rumours. Accept it Victoria you're just jealous that no one is paying attention at you", Marriah sneered.

"Marriah calm down", Riya said.

"Exactly Marriah you should calm down otherwise nothing will work in your favour", Victoria friend smirked.

"Victoria i think you should take a leave now", Riya spoke calmly with Victoria.

"What?", Victoria expression suddenly turn sour.

"Yes, i want you take leave. You spoiled everyone's mood", Riya replied calmly.

"But Riya you should eat with us, not with them", Victoria started being polite.

"Look Riya i know them very well. They are being innocent from surface but internally they are one who cause chaos in office. They blackmail their superior for fulfilling different demand. Why do you Marriah will bring you here on your first day? They will make friends with you and at the end they will be the one stab you at your back. You will become their source for fulfilling their undue wishes", Victoria explained Riya  why she shouldn't get involved with middle levels.

Riya listened to Victoria carefully.

"Are you talking about yourself?", Riya said to Victoria.

"What do you mean with that?", Victoria shot back.

"Victoria i am not kid. I know how to handle office politics. I know difference in a healthy friendship and toxic one. So, let me be the one judge whom should i make my friend or not. And you being the owner's p.a i didn't expected such a behaviour of you towards your fellow colleagues. Infact you are also one of them. It's high time that as a advisor i will suggest changes in corporate governance", Riya replied bluntly.

"Changes", Victoria's eyes wide opened from fear.

"Exactly and you", pointed towards Victoria