Chapter 17.

🌸 Riya 🌸

I did it.

Yeah!!!.....

I actually did it. Right now i am jumping up and down in my cabin. Italian have agreed on the terms of Russian, and decided to step aside their past graudes. And decided that my company will work on their upcoming project.

Omg!! I am so so so happy right now.

"Miss Malhotra", i heard a voice calling my name. I turned my head. It's Mr. Tomassi. He is one of senior executive of Italian clientele.

"Oh! Mr. Tomassi. Forgive my manners i was excited about upcoming project, i didn't heard your voice", i apologise.

"Mr. Malhotra. No need of all such formality", Mr. Tomassi said.

"I am here to give you an offer Miss. Our company decided to appoint you as Controller of your company. And we'll pay you three times more than what Russian are paying you right now. Join our company Miss", Mr. Tomassi said with a slight hint of hope in his eyes. That i will say yes to him.

"Ahh! Job offer. But i can't work in some other firm when i own my own. Infact i always hated the idea of working under someone else when you could be the boss (except in some exceptional conditions)"

"Mr. Tomassi, i would love to work for your company, but i can't accept you offer. I am sorry Mr. Tomassi", i said and apologised.

"But why Riya. Working with us will give heights to your career, you shouldn't waste it working 9 to 5 with Russian. We are ready to pay 5 times more Miss", Mr. Tomassi is very persistent.

"So as i"

"Mr. Tomassi, i don't work for Romanov's. I outsourced my services to them. I owe my own company. And it's not about money. My family is here. And so many otheŕ reason that's why i can't say yes to your offer. Not now at least. I am not ready to work", i told him.

"Okay Miss. I understand that", he said and shoved his hand into his pocket and gave me a business card.

"Call me Miss. whenever you are ready. I will waiting for that", he said and left.

I dropped his business card in my hand bag.

"Riya", again someone called me. But this time it's a familiar voice. It's Edgar.

Yes it is.

He is standing leaning one shoulder on the wall with crossed leg, and few papers in his hand. Which i think my companies papers.

But i my eyes darted to his face for some unknown reason. I looked into his eyes and his facial features. His beautiful eyes with long lashes, prefect face structure with high bone cheeks and tight jawline. I rarely noticed him like this. He is wearing a tight fitted black Armani suit and white shirt with few buttons unbuttoned from top. I can clearly see his broad chest.

I didn't realised that i am gawking at him. He seems to noticed that. He smrik at me.

"Ehh!! He noticed. Omg!! Riya behave normal.... behave normal"

I blinked my eyes few times.

"Yes....", before i can say any further.

"I noticed how you were watching me", he smirk playfully.

I am red like tomato right now.

"You look cute when you blush", he moved closer to me.

"This is so embarrassing"

I looked away. But he grabbed my chin and to make me look into his eyes.

I grasped a his reaction. I moved further to him. This is wrong Riya, you shouldn't be doing that.

But Edgar didn't tried to come or more closer to me. He handed me my papers.

"Here, you won it Riya, and now this belongs to you", he said.

I gladly took my papers from him.

"Oh! I missed them so much"

"Umm.... Riya", he said to gain ny attention.

"Please don't leave my company", he said.

"Oh! No, please not again. Another job offer"

"I mean i know you have your own company. You have responsibility towards it. But i want you to work me. You can have anything whatever you want. Board has decided to make you board member of our company.....", i cut him mid.

"Edgar, you know what my answer is going to be. Don't say such thing which is not going to happen. I am happy with my life. I maybe would able to earn that much what you are going to pay me, if i continued to work in my small firm, but money means nothing to me. What matters that i am following my passion. A satisfaction which i will never gain if i work for you. So, drop it now", i answered him. I maybe sound rude, but i seriously don't need this. People need to understand that.

"Okay Riya. As your wish. But please can we go for dinner tonight", he requested.

Oh! I almost forget about his dinner offer. Well i am free right now. So i can go with him.

"Okay", i replied.

"Great pack your things. I am waiting here", he said.

I packed my things, but i brought too many things today for presentation. Dozens of files, laptop, charger, power bank and now also my company papers along with hand bag.

Edgar understood my dilemma and he helped me. He took my hand bag with laptop bag and i took my files. We moved together.

But when we reached at ground floor, every staff eyes were on us. They were shocked and whispering something to one another.

"This is really embarrassing"

And Edgar seems unaffected with it.

*****
Author's Note: -

So, lovelies next is Edgar POV.

Don't forget to vote and comment.