Chapter 60

In Edgar’s Mansion...
Edgar walking back and forth in front of Riya. That little girl sitting in front of her has a kitchen brain, always cooking some ridiculous idea to help other people and irritate him.
“You told Jay to say such harsh things to Jimmy”, he asked. Riya nodded.
“And you also paid him one million from my card”, he asked again. Again Riya nodded. He smiled at her, Riya also imitated his expression, and then he frowned.
“ Do you knew that, you could have done such thing in a simple way rather than creating such a mess. You could have told me. We could have solved this matter in a different way rather that this whole drama?”
“ I knew that, but Jimmy told me not to tell anything about this to any one. And i also wanted if Jimmy himself will confess this to Ivan. Only that things could get better..”
“ Better... do you know what you do that... That big mouth Jay has spread rumours all around in the building... if this incident could be published in newspaper tommorow, i won't be surprised”, Edgar spoke.
“That stupid Parker...”, Riya cursed under her breath.
“ I am sorry. I should've never asked that Parker guy for help. I just want to help both of them. Jimmy was already hurt that i lied to him. I was thinking for some other way like a special candle night dinner for both of them, but this accident happen and Jimmy thought, i am just playing with him. I just wanted to prove him, that i am not lying. I genuinely wanted to help. So, i just come up with this idea. Let me think about how we can stop such rumours”, Riya suggested.
“ No, you don't. I will take care of this”, Edgar spoke. “ But you still owe me 1 million”, he said.
“Ah.. i will pay you from my salary”, she spoke.
“No, i don’t need that...”
“then... what do you want...”
“ I want a promise from you...”
“ Promise?”, Riya repeated.
“Yes, promise me, from now on you will share everything with me. Your every secret, your lies, your fantasy, dreams, wishes... everything... you will share them with me....”, Edgar spoke.
Riya was stunned for a moment.
“ Edgar, ain’t you asking a bit too much”, she said.
“ Cause i don’t want you to stir troubles again or face them alone. If i knew that Jimmy wronged you, i would have break his jaw, before he could utter such shit against you”, Edgar spoke rigidly.
She fake a laugh.
“ Edgar we don’t even know each other for a month and you already started behaving like my husband...”
“ That thing will come true in near future. Don’t worry about that”, Edgar winked at last part.
“ So promise...”
“Huh... but only one condition...”
“And, what's that...”
“You will also share everything about you with me”, Riya told him about her condition, “ and your past as well”
“ You don’t want to know about it. It’s disgusting and horrific”
“Edgar, i won't judge you for what you being here because of your past. I know my ideas are ridiculous, but trust me, i also want to help you. But i can’t do that alone, if only you are ready to help me... i will drive you all fears away... plus it’s a win-win condition. My problems your problmes. Your fear my fear”
No one in Edgar entire life existence ever said such words to him. All along he was fighting with his fears alone. Now he is no longer alone. He smiled at her.
“ Thank you Riya for your words. I promise”, they both sealed their deal with a handshake.
Riya was just feeling pleasent that now Edgar is really opening up to her. She loved that feeling.
......
Next Morning....
A really pleasing morning. There were no awkwardness  between Ivan and Jimmy. Infact both seems good. Maybe Ivan too felt for Jimmy, and he accepted it. Riya was happy for both of them. Now she can die peacefully.
Riya took newspapers to read headline and the top news made her spit all fruit juice, which she just drank. It’s written in bold letters.
Edgar Romonov is dating the new director of Romonov Industries Riya Malhotra. A special internal source has confirmed that....

Only one person can do this. One and only Jay Parker. Because she threatened him, by saying she and Edgar are dating. And that big mouth Jay spread it like a wild fire all over in the country.
“ Riya don’t you have table manners, why you keep spitting things out of your mouth”, Victor frowned.
“ This...”, she show that news to Victor.
“So, what it’s a good thing. Now whole world know you belong to him. That why are you spitting food...”
“ Atleast, that Jay did one good thing in his life...”, Edgar spoke.
“What? You knew that? Why don't then you stopped that? We ain’t dating”, Riya spoke and Edgar ignored.
“ And why would i do that. Even if Jay won’t confirmed that. Paparazzi still found about this. So we shouldn't hide such thing girlfriend”, Edgar teased her.
In office....
When Riya entered into building, she felt whole eyes on her. Everyone in the office was looking at her, she just wanted the ground should open up and shallow her 6 feet under.
“God”, she groaned and walked towards her cabin. Today is the worst day of her life, everyone is congratulating her, bowing in front of her, respecting her and mocking her.
Few moments ago...
Victoria entered into her cabin and slammed newspaper on her desk.
“You bitch. How dare you? How dare you to seduce my Edgar. Don't you have shame left in you. He is my fiancée”, Victoria yelled at the last part.
“Fiancée”, Riya whispered.
“Yes, fiancée. You heard correct”, Victoria show her their engagement ring. Riya was just dumpstuck. Why the hell Edgar never told her this? Even being engaged, he still kept on saying that he like her? What’s on earth is going on?
“Look Victoria it’s just mis-understanding all because of Jay Parker”, Riya defended herself.
“That better be a mis-understanding otherwise you don’t know what i can do to you. And this is my last warning to you. Don't come between me and Edgar”, Victoria warned her and left her cabin.
“Was Edgar lying to me all this time?”
“Hey Riya”, Jimmy brought Riya back into reality.
“Jimmy, you are here. I didn't noticed you coming here”, she spoke.
“Yes, you were in deep thought when i came in. I saw Victoria coming out of your room. Did she say something to you?”, Jimmy asked.
“Nah.. no nothing important”, Riya spoke.
“Riya don't take her words seriously. She is a manic”, Jimmy said.
“Leave that, what brought you here”
“I have to discuss something important to you”
“what is it?”
“No, not here. Let go for dinner. My treat”, Jimmy offered.
“Okay, fine. I will just come. I have to give this file to Edgar after that”, Riya said.
“Great, i will wait outside”, Jimmy said and left.

Pushing her thoughts aside. She is excited for dinner with Jimmy. She is never been out after she arrived at Russia. She can have fun for a while.  With that she pushed her wheelchair to Edgar’s cabin.

She was about to knock when she heard Victoria sobbing.
“Why you have to do this Edgar? We're engaged and now whole world is laughing at us. Edgar i love you. Don't do this. You are the person whom i love the most in this world. I am the one who is most hurt by this game”, Victoria said while sobbing.
“Shh... stop crying. When you know all this is a game, then why are you brawling you eyes out”, Edgar said.
“I am afraid Edgar, i am afraid that you will fall for her”
“Shhh.... Stop talking someone will hear us. I am warning you Victoria. Never... never utter such nonsense in front of other. I know what i am going. Use your brain before taking action. I don’t want to mess my game up, just because of your silly insecurity and the whole marriage thing. I gave my words to your father. I won’t back down. Now get lost and remembered don’t utter anything”, Edgar spoke harshly.
“I did”
“You did what?”
“I told her about our engagement”
(Trashing sound)
“I am sorry. Please forgive me. I did wrong”, Victoria begged.
“You silly woman. Get lost before i kill you”, then Riya heard Victoria heels sound. Riya immediately hide herself behind a huge pole. Victoria came out from Edgar’s cabin. She wiped her tears and walked out confidently like nothing happened.

Riya watched the whole scenario. Thousands of questions going into her mind.
Why did Edgar hide that he’s engaged?
What game they are talking about?
What is Edgar hiding from her?
Riya without giving the file to Edgar walked out from their.
********
At exit Jimmy was patiently waiting for her.
“You took long”, Jimmy said while opening the car door.
“ohh.. i am sorry. I got stuck”, she said.
“It’s fine let hurry. I will take you to my favourite place”, Jimmy drove Riya to his favourite dinner place.

******
Comment, vote and share...

Author's Note :-

So the darker part of the story is now beginning. After that some might even hate Edgar's character.

So grab the seatbelt, cause the most awaited villian of the story is going to enter and story now is going to take 360 degree turns.

Until then
Bye...