Twenty Nine: Goddess of Fidelity

The cheers of joy quickly turn to confused anger and shouting. The people shuffle around asking if what they see is real and sure enough, it is. This reflects on Sigyn, mouth open, eyes blinking trying to focus back in. The royal guard march forward immedielty, armour rattling loudly and they ascend the steps with heavy footfalls. Quick to aim their swords at Loki, shield in hand. He was unfazed by this movement but rather he stood stall in his ceremonial attire. Sigyn looked over the crowd and back to Loki. To her mother and father, and back to Loki. 

She takes a step back from him. "What have you done?" she shakes her head.

"What is the meaning of this!" King Iwaldi roars.

The confusion of the crowds grows louder.

"How dare you!" shouts Freya. She snatched the silver sword from a maiden standing to the side and charged for Loki, raising the weapon high. The crown screams. Frigga jumps forward to protect her son.

"No!" Iwaldi grabs her wrist, stopping Freya. "You cannot!" He stands between his wife and Queen Frigga.

"Calm yourself!" commanded Queen Frigga.

She turns to her with crazed eyes. "Look at what he has done!" she cursed.

"Strike him down and you will start another war that will never end!"

Sigyn shakes her head. Eyes filling with tears. She looks into Loki's eyes, seeing the glamour of the fake Loki standing by her brother disappear. "What is this!?" Sigvard shouted, whipping his head back and forth from the glamour to the real Loki. "What have you done with Thor, snake!?" he cursed.

Baldur steps in front of Sigvard. "Be calm!" he commanded. "We must think rationally here."

"How dare you!" cursed Sigvard, eyes full of rage. "Look at this! Look at what he has done!" he takes a step and Baldur jumps in front of him, hands out ready to grab Sigvard. "He has ruined everything and I bet he has done something to Thor."

Forseti steps down from his fathers side gazing with wide eyes up at Sigvard and his father. "Hack a tree where you seek Mistletoe." he whispers. No one hears him. "An arrow will strike true." he said.

Queen Frigga's head is shaking. She picks up the front of her dress. "Loki, what have you done!" she storms forward. "I demand answers." she sternly said.

Loki's eyes have not left Sigyn. "I did it for us."

Forseti whispered again. "Snakes in the grass. Venom on the tongue. Wolves howl and snarl." he took another step down.

Sigyn blinked finally pulling here eyes away from the enchantment of Loki. So many thoughts are running through her head that she can't put A to B together. Just a second ago she was lawfully married to Prince Thor. They shared their vows, binded their hands, drank the same blood.

Sigyn's teary eyes find Odin. His cheeks are red and he was furious. His fists are balled and his chest puffs out. He has not spoken yet. "I demand this be reversed!" Queen Freya screams, as Iwaldi rips the sword from her hands. Sigyn's sisters are in shock, they have no words to say but only looks to share. They step back coming closer together to stand shoulder to shoulder on the steps.

"Where is Thor!?" King Iwaldi's voice boomed, angrily. "This was not apart of the agreement, All-Father!"

"I will have your head for this!" Sigvard shouts, lunging forward. He flies into the arms of Baldur with a heavy smack. "You have ruined everything!" spits the Silver Prince. His calm demeanour finally shattered raging against the strength of Baldur.