Seven: Battle of The Hearts

More days passed in Asgard. More endless meetings with nobles and preparations and dress fittings and planners. More walks down the mundane streets of Asgard, mingling and talking with the people. Gaining their favour. At least Sigyn didn't mind this. She had to get out of the palace sometimes. So she would be escorted by two handmaidens, Lady Sif, and two Vanir warriors. They kept their distance however, watching as she laughed engaged in conversation about something.

Small children would offer her a gift on occasion and it melted her heart. "Did you really make this?" she said to the group of children around her feet. They nodded shyly, some chirping a great big YES. She kneeled and bowed her head as a crown of flowers was placed on her dome by the children. "It's beautiful." she adjusted it on her head. The children laughed with glee, running off to their parents to be told how good they did greeting the Princess.

And she would move on to the next.

Then some of Asgard's people told them of their worries. They told her how they feared for sick loved ones. Then some would tell her how they were displeased with the arranged wedding. Vanaheim and Asgard did not belong together.

"I have had enough for today." Sigyn told her entourage, and they quickly whisked her away into the palace. One of her handmaidens informed that she would draw a warm bath for the Princess and she rushed away. "I don't know how my mother does these things." Sigyn sighed, walking beside Lady Sif.

"All I ever known is the fight, Princess. Believe me, I could never do what you are doing."

"I don't believe that for a moment." Sigyn followed Sif's guide to the upper levels of the palace. "I have never seen such a powerful female warrior."

"You should have seen the Valkyries before they were all killed in the grasp for Asgard." Sif laughed.

"Did you ever see them?"

"No. They perished a very long time ago. Before our time. I so would have loved to see them. I would be one of them."

"I'm suddenly jealous of you, Lady Sif."

Sif laughed, her head dropping. "You are a Princess, my Lady. I am but a warrior."

"So? What does that measure to?"

They come out onto the courtyards where many young warriors train their skills. They swung weapons of all kinds, duelling each other, and in the centre is Thor and Baldur. They clashed with bare muscles and fists. Nanna watched from the sidelines with her son, jumping and yelping when the men hit each other.

"What are they doing?" Sigyn joins her sister.

"They wanted to test their durability." Nanna gasped again when Thor struck a blow to Baldur sending him into the mats. "So they are fighting each other." Baldur is on his feet again.
Baldur turns to the girls quickly. He is sweaty and his cheeks are red. "As friends!" he shouted at them. Thor suddenly slammed into Baldur and he was on his back. Forseti shouted in excitement, encouraging his father to fight.

"It's frightening to watch." Sigyn whispered.

"They are going to kill each other." Nanna cursed.

"The time for that has passed already."

Thor was on his feet again, his eyes catched Sigyn and he is suddenly bouncing on his feet. Taunting Baldur. He easily ducks under a swing and returns the favour to Baldur. Hard skin slaps and the sound of muscle is unpleasant to the ladies as they watched. They were both shirtless, coated in sweat. Their skin ripped and gleaming golden in the sun.