Twenty-Six: Die In Paradise

Pristine marble erects around Sigyn in soft hue's of pinks and cotton white with hints of gold. Spiral corinthian columns feature around the bathhouses raising from floor to ceiling. Vines of flowers decorate the house from anything they could hang from. Foliage of green has them tucked away deep into the isolation of the mountains. Fresh spring water runs down the valley and through a water wheel sitting on the side of the house to filter into the pond thriving with fish and frogs.

Little birds bath in bird baths around the pond twittering and singing to each other. The house is open with balcony's and sheer curtains and at its doors are maidens waiting for her arrival. The ceilings are tall and painted with murals of stories; people, naked or in sheer robes, bathing in the waters, surrounding by clouds of steam and mead and grapes.

The skiffs pull overhead of the house and gently lower to the ground. Dirt flurries and any animals flee. the Vanir and Asgardian maidens are already waiting in lines at the front entrance. The Vanir in silver dresses and the Asgardian maidens in gold.

At the entrance are warriors. Vanir and Asgardian in their respectable armour. A convoy lined at the doors ready to receive the princesse's and queens. It's quiet and peaceful as they wait. The sound of rushing water is soothing until it is drowned out by a soft groaning in the skies ahead.

A soft landing earns them claps of relief as the princess's unload themselves from the skiffs. "Isn't this wonderful!" Hnoss exclaims. She stands out the most of her sisters. Pale skin and white hair and delicate features tell them she belongs with the cold snow.

"Oh, yes." mutters Gersemi, gazing around. She, however, fits into this place. Tan, gold locks, and a warm demeanour with a crown of flowers.

"Best behaviour." Warns their mother. Yet somehow, Sigyn feels as though that was mainly aimed at her. She averts her eyes knowing they cannot see her eyes beneath the heavy veil. Queen Freya is first to step off the skiff when Queen Frigga also exits her skiff in front of them.

"This is a marvellous place, your grace." Queen Freya greeted.

Queen Frigga smiled softly. "I knew you would approve. I also came here once when I was to be wed to Odin."

"We have come full circle then."

Sigyn steps to the edge of the skiffs ramp where a warriors armoured hand reaches out to aid her. Her delicate hand slips into his calloused war torn hand and he helped her step down the ramp in her dress. Her shoes crunch over bark and leaves and she takes in the fresh scent of dirt and water. The air here is more crisp and fresh.

"It's a nice place to relax." Nanna commented. "A day away from my husband and son is what I just need." she giggled, shaking her shoulders.

"Does that mean we're stuck here for the night?" asked Gersemi.

"Yes." replied Nanna, sullenly.

"Come, girls." Queen Freya demands. "We have many preparations to attend." She is first to enter the house with Queen Frigga at her side. The maidens and warriors bowing to their presence as they pass by them. When Freya realises her daughters are not following, she stops. She turns in her large dress with hands folded in front of her. "Girls." she said, again.

The twins are quick to follow their mother and they hurried up the steps into the house together.

"It won't be that bad." assured Nanna, extending a hand to Sigyn. "Many would kill to be in your position right now."

She gazes at her sister behind the thick veil. "Then I pity them." she said. "They have not been where we are."

Nanna's hand reclines back to her side. "Come, sister." she pushes for a smile. "You will feel better after we have bathed and fed. I'm sure the inside is as nice as the outside... our maidens can't leave their skiff until we are inside... our sisters and the queen are also waiting."