you're just a small bump unborn

Forget

"What's wrong?" Jack asked quietly. I looked up and he was standing in front of me. He looked upset.

"What do you think?" I answered harshly.

"I deserved that" he said to himself. "Can we please talk?" I nodded wiping tears from my face. "I have to talk to Alex for a minute first" he started to walk away but then turned back to me "You coming?" I nodded and followed him back outside.

"It's about time you got here" Zack said as we walked up to them.

"Sorry couldn't decide what to wear" he joked. Everyone laughed. I smiled weakly and sat down next to Tay again. She looked at me.

"Everything okay?" she asked me. Jack and Alex walked away from the group and I turned to look away from them.

"Why does it hurt so much to see him?" I asked her. Tears instantly started to form in my eyes again.

"I'm so sorry sweetie" she said pulling me into another hug. I wrapped my arms around her tightly and buried my face in her shoulder.

"Effie can I talk to you?" Alex asked me. I looked up and him an jack were standing in front of us. I nodded and stood up. I followed him as he walked away from the group again. "You gonna be okay talking alone with him?" he asked me.

"Yeah I guess" I said.

"Don't hit him again okay?" I couldn't help but laugh a little at that and he did too.

"I'll try not to" he smiled and hugged me tightly. We walked back and jack was talking to Tay. She didn't look too happy with him. "You coming?" I asked as I walked passed him. I could hear him running to catch up with me. "You have so much to fucking explain to me. I hope you know that" I said as we headed up stairs to my room

"I know" he said "But before we talk do you have any gauze or something?" I turned around to face him.

"Why?" I asked confused. He lifted his shirt. He had two new scars underneath the others from the last time. I opened my bed room door and pushed him in. "I don't have gauze but you shouldn't need it they don't look deep" I walked into my bathroom and grabbed a washcloth "Lie down on the bed" he did as I said and a put the cloth on his cuts. Just to be a bitch I pressed down on them hard.

"What the fuck?" he shouted obviously in pain.

"Sorry" I smirked. I sat down on the chair next to my bed while he still laid down on his back staring at the ceiling. "So explain"

"Where do you want me to start?" he asked still looking at the ceiling.

"With the fact that you don't think that we should be together" I took off my sweatshirt "How can you say that?"

"You got so much worse when we were together. Finding you yesterday proved it"

"I could say the same about you" I whispered.

"Guess you know how it felt finding you" I could hear the hurt in his voice.

"you didn't make me worse. That was my own fault"

"then why doesn't it feel that way? I whispered to myself

"Because you said you loved me" I whispered to myself.

"I still do" he said. We sat in silence for a while.

"Why did you cut?" I whispered.

"Why did you slap me?" he asked.

"Jack I'm not fucking around" I snapped.

"Neither am I" he looked at me. He was completely serious. His eyes were full of hurt.

"I was hurt" I whispered.

"Why?"

"Because you said that you loved me and then an hour later 'we can't be together'" I was getting annoyed "not only that but you fucking did that to me when I needed you the most"

"Ef you weren't the only one who was hurt yesterday" he said sitting up.

"I know that Jack" I looked out the window "I told Alex earlier that I didn't try to kill myself" I could feel tears falling "I lied" I looked back at him "I wanted people to forget about me. I don't deserve Alex as my brother. I don't deserve the friends that I have. I don't deserve you"

"Effie that's not true" he whispered

"Yeah it is" I got up and started pacing "Do you remember a month after chris dumped me when I was so jumpy around you guys?" I walked over to my desk. I pulled out a piece of paper and turned back to jack"

"That was about a month before I found you the first time" I nodded.

"I wasnt just hiding the fact that I cut from you guys" I handed jack the paper. His eyes got wide.

"Ef this is a sonogram"