So go ahead and lie to yourself

Forget

His words rang in my head over and over again. I couldn't find the right words to say. I knew that the truth would hurt him more than anything right now. I looked up at him.

"No" I said. Relief filled his face. There was another moment of silence and again Alex was the first to break it.

"Are you okay?" he asked "Like emotionally okay?" I thought about it for a minute. Was I okay?

"I think so" I whispered.

"If I leave you alone for a couple of minutes do you promise that you'll stay in bed?" he asked.

"Only if you promise to come back" he smiled.

"I promise" he said getting up and putting a blanket over me.

"Hey Alex?" I stopped him before he left my room.

"Yeah?" he turned around to face me.

"How did you know something was wrong?" I asked.

"I went to go see if you recorded anything. I got to the part when you started crying and went to tell Jack. By the time I got back to the room Jack was already up and ready to leave. He was telling me that something wasn't right when you left so we left and came looking for you. As you can see," he looked over at the state of my bathroom "Zack had to break down the door. Jack saw right through your fake smile"

"Okay" I said and Alex left. I grabbed my phone and dialed Jacks number.

"Hello?" he answered

"Hey you said we had to talk"

"Yeah we do" he sounded hurt "You lied to me"

"I'm sorry"

"Why? I told you to talk to me" now he sounded mad.

"Jack I'm so sorry" I whispered. I knew that I hurt him and it was killing me.

"I can't keep finding you on the floor all cut up" he took a deep breath "Sam I love you but I can't keep doing this"

"Jack please don't say what I think you're going to say" I begged.

"I'm sorry" he said and hung up. I slowly moved the phone from my ear and sat up. I pulled my knees unto my cheat and hugged them tightly. I couldn't hold the tears back anymore. I buried my face in my knees and sobbed.

"Effie?" I heard Alex's voice "Effie what's wrong? what happened?"

"Why didn't I just tell him that I wasnt okay?" I sobbed. He wrapped his arms around me and held me tightly.

"You're okay" he whispered rubbing circles on my back

"I need him Alex" I cried even harder. Then his phone rang.

"What?" he snapped into the phone he looked pissed. After a minute his face changed. He looked at me. "We'll be right there" he said and hung up. "We have to go now"

"What?"

"Come on I'll help you to the car" all I could do was nod.

Alex helped me out to the car and we pulled out of the driveway.