Is this bitterness supposed to taste this sweet to me?

Is bitterness supposed to taste this sweet to me? ~ Lights out by We Are The In Crowd

Okay so I've gone and confused myself. So for those who are reading this and noticing that I'm saying sam instead of Effie here's why. I pre-wrote this story before posting it and the girls name was sam but then I realized that the majority of my stories has at least one character with the name sam so I changed it to Effie (after Effie from skins because I love her so much) and also I had written it with Effie recording lullabies with the speech but then changed it to therapy because of Alex's therapy speeches. So this is the correct changes :

Sam = Effie

Lullabies = therapy

If I screw it up I'm sorry :(

So heres the next part. Enjoy.

I hated when Alex brought up that night. I never really got over what happened either. That day in the hospital when Jack was sitting in the bed with me was the first day that I had realized that I really liked him.

"Alex you don't have to worry about that anymore. I have Jack whose going to help me alone with Rian and Zack. I also have you. You may not think that I think that I can go to you for help but I do. Because you're my big brother who I love and who I hate hurting as much as I hate hurting Jack" I said trying to prove to him that nothing is going to go wrong an that im going to be staying right here with him through everything.

"Effie don't tell me not to worry because I still will. Like you said I'm your big brother and by being your brother I have to worry about you" he said wrapping me in a tight hug. "I love you sis"

"I love you too bro" I whispered into his chest. We were interrupted by the beeping of the microwave. We pulled away from each other and he got the popcorn while I finished making sandwiches. "You wanna come watch home alone with us?" he nodded and grabbed the popcorn before following me up the stairs.

When we got to my room Jack was sitting on my bed with the remote in his hand.

"Hey jack do you mind if Alex hangs with us?" he looked up and shook his head.

"Of course I don't mind" he said. We all sat down on my bed. Me next to jack and alex next to me. "Wooooh movie time!!!!" Jack shouted as he pressed the play button.

Half way through the movie Jack fell asleep so we stopped it. Alex was amazed at how he was sleeping and began taking pictures of him.

"How is it fucking possible for him to do that?" he asked me. I looked down at Jack. He had his knees pulled up to his chest with his arms around them and his head was on my lap.

"Who cares? He looks cute" I said brushing the hair away from his eyes.

"Not really" he said. I looked at him.

"What?" I asked. He looked down at Jack.

"Well his head is way too big for his body and it's weird shaped as well"

"Fuck you" jack mumbled. I tried so hard not to laugh. He opened his eyes and looked up at me. "Is my head weird shaped?" he asked me like a five year old.

"No sweetie it's not" I answered still trying not to laugh. "It's perfect"

"See she said my head is perfect" he said to Alex in the same voice as before.

"She's just saying that to shut you up" Alex said also trying not to laugh.

"That is not true" I said.

"Whatever you say" he smiled "So I guess that this means that you're not mad at me anymore?"

"No I'm not" I said

"Good. I dont want you hitting me like that again" he said rubbing his cheek.

"Then don't act like an asshole and I won't" I said giving him my bitch smile.

"Hey do you remember that one time back in high school when Ef had to be pulled off of Kristina Albin?" Jack asked Alex suddenly sitting up.

"Yeah dude because we were the ones that pulled her off" he said. "You still haven't told me what that fight was even about. Do you remember why?" he asked looking at me.

"She said that your band wouldn't make it anywhere so I slapped her. Then she said that I had a dead beat brother who didnt matter to anyone who killed himself. That's when I started punching her" I took a deep breath and looked down at my hands "I was trying to crack her skull open. That's how mad I was" Alex grabbed my hand and Jack started to rub circles on my back with his hand.

"Why didn't you mention this before?" Alex asked.

"I wanted to forget what she said. I guess it didn't work" I leaned up against Jack and he put his arm around my shoulder.

"Fuck her okay?" Alex whispered "You never have to deal with her ever again and in my opinion even though you've been through shit you still have an amazing brother along with amazing best friends who would do anything for you if you asked. You're going to be recording two songs on said brothers band who is majorly successful if I say so my self" this made me giggle.

"And you have someone who loves you more than himself and anything else in the world" Jack whispered in my ear. "Who will jump in front of a train to save you if need be" he kissed my cheek. I looked up at him.

"I love you too" I whispered kissing him on the lips.

"Okay okay enough" Alex said. We broke apart.

"What are we doing tomorrow?" I asked changing the subject.

"Basically Therapy" he said

"Okay" I said.

"Well I'm going to bed" he said getting up "Don't do anything funny" he said more to Jack than me.

"Okay goodnight bro" I said standing up and hugging him. He smiled at me and left the room. I turned back to jack who was laying on his back staring at the ceiling "You okay?" I asked laying next to him.

"Yeah" he looked at me and smiled "I'm more than okay"

"Good" I smiled pulling the blankets over us. Jack put his arm around my shoulders and kissed me quickly. I moved closer to him.

"Hey Effie?" I looked up at him

"Yeah?"

"Ive never loved anyone before," his face got really serious "But you changed things. I finally get that feeling that everyone talks about"

"What feeling is that?" I asked turning so I was laying on him.

"Do I really have to say it?" he whined.

"Yes" I said poking his chest. He sighed.

"I get butterflies in my stomach when I see you. Its almost painful when I have to leave you. I can't get you out of my head. Every time I hear a love song I always think about how much I want it to be about us. I can't stop thinking about all of the times we hung out together, not with the guys, just us. You make me feel like I can't live without you" he said those last five words quietly. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Then he said it.

"You mean so much to me"

That hit a nerve. I sat up and moved over. When he said that it wasn't his voice I heard say them. It was Chris'.