Put Up or Shut Up

Forget

"Effie open the door please" Alex said through the door. I had locked myself in my room as soon as we for home from Jack's. I was sitting on my floor crying. "Ef please" I crawled to the door and unlocked it.

"It's open" I said. The door opened and Alex was sitting with his back against the wall. I sat down against my dresser and faced him.

"What happened?" he asked.

"I think jack and I just broke up" I whispered. "He said that he was making me worse"

"He loves you Effie" Alex whispered.

"Then why would he leave me now?" I started to cry. Alex moved and sat next to me. I rested my head on his shoulder "I really need him Alex" I whispered.

"I know" he kissed my head. "Look I'll try to talk to him tomorrow. You can sleep in"

"You sure leaving me alone is the best thing right now?" I asked him.

"I have that taken care of" he stood up and helped me to my feet "Lisa will be here in the morning and Cass will be coming later tomorrow for the bonfire"

"Okay" I said as I climbed into my bed "What did you tell her?" Lisa didn't know that I cut

"I told her that I didn't feel safe leaving you home alone" he said "When she asked why I told her that she would have ask you"

"Okay" I said again. Alex kissed my forehead and left my room. I fell asleep dreading the fact that I would have to wake up in the morning.

------

I woke up with a massive headache.

"Good morning" I jumped. Alex was sitting on the chair next to my bed.

"Hey" I said rubbing my eyes "Why are you in here?"

"Like I said I don't feel safe leaving you alone" he got up "Come on Lisas downstairs making breakfast" I got up and grabbed a random sweatshirt.

"How are you feeling?" he asked as we walked down the hallway.

"I don't know anymore. I guess I feel alright" I wrapped my arms around myself.

"I'll talk to him" he whispered. I stopped at the bottom of the stairs.

"Tell him I love him" I said "I need him"

"I'll tell him" he hugged me.

We walked into the kitchen and Lisa was putting a plate full of pancakes on the table.

"Hey Ef" she said

"Hey" I smiled weakly. She came over to me and wrapped me in a tight hug.

"Let's eat" Alex said. We all sat down and started eating. "Okay so here's what's going to happen" he started.

"Oh lord" I mumbled. Lisa laughed which made me smile.

"Shh" Alex glared "Lisa and I talked about this and there's no way around what I'm going to tell you"

"Spit it out already" I said.

"When you go to the bathroom you do not lock the doors. When you get changed you do so with Lisa near by. You don't take any medication except for the two iron pills and maybe tylonal. Do not do anything without Lisa knowing about it"

"So basically I have no freedom in my own house" I mumbled.

"Don't fucking complain Elizabeth!" he yelled. I stopped breathing for a second.