Part 14

-Alex's P.O.V-

I wake up breathing heavily. Jesse. I run down the hallway to Jesse's room and run into his arms.
"Alex!" He says, his voice shaky, "It's ok, it's ok."
"Jesse." I say shaking, "Jesse." I calm down
"Alex, I'm not going anywhere." He says
"Promise?" I ask
"I swear. I'm not going anywhere." He says, he rolls up my sleeves and traces every scar and cut on my arm.
"Jesse?" I ask
"Yes?" He asks
"Why?" I ask, I fall asleep in his lap.

-Ari's P.O.V-

I wake up in Alex's room without Alex. She probably had a nightmare. I hate that she had to go through that, and now every night she has to go though it again every night. I walk downstairs.
"Hey." I say to Scott who's sitting on the couch
"Oh, hey." He says distracted
"What's on your mind?" I ask him sitting down
"Just some dreams I had." He says
"I hate dreams." I say
"Why?" He asks
"People are supposed to feel safe when they go to sleep. Most people look forward to going to bed each night." I say
"And you, Jay, and Alex don't." He says
"How'd you know?" I ask
"I had a three mini dreams last night." He says, "One of Alex, one of you, and one of Jay."
"Because if you I'm alive." I say quietly so he can't hear me
"Did you really..." He trails off, I nod
"I did." I say
"How old were you?" He asks
"I was ten." I say
"Ten?!" He asks shocked, "Only ten." I nod
"What did you see in the dreams about Alex and Jay?" I ask him
"For Alex I saw you two on a park bench talking and crying." He says, "And for Jay..." He stops
"You saw that." I say knowing what he's talking about
"I did." He says, "It's terrible." I slowly nod, we sit in silence for a couple minutes.

-Jay's P.O.V-

We head downstairs, we're the last ones down. Usually Ovi would say something like, 'It's about time.' or something sarcastic but she doesn't this time, we all walk outside to train. Alex's screams keep playing in my head. Every time I see my mom's face a jolt of anger rinds through me. We're all distracted and don't get much done. I get distracted by a feeling. I always got a weird feeling when my parents were around, no, they can't be. How could they? They can't be around.

I spoke too soon.

-Alex's P.O.V-

Phantoms emerge from the trees. We all get into our fighting positions.
"We aren't here to fight." Their leader says, "We're here for her." She says pointing to my
"Why?" Jay asks, my mom and dad hop fly in front. I just stand there frozen in fear.
"No." Ari says, "You'll have to fight us first."
"Yeah." Callum says, the leader pinches her fingers together causing Callum a lot of pain. After she stops Callum stands back where he was before, "You'll have to do more than that." I can tell he's in pain.
"Callum." I say but it comes out as a high pitched squeak. Ari puts a shield around me, I can tell she's struggling to keep it up, "No!" I bang on the shield.
"Alex," Jesse says, "I'm not gonna let you get hurt."
"I'm not gonna let you get hurt just so I don't." I say, "Ari?"
"I'm sorry Alex," She says, "But I'm with Jay on this one."
"Ari." I say, "Arianna!"
"Alex." She says looking at me, "Please just let us do this." She turns around and start walking forward to join my brother and our friends.
"Three." I say, she takes another step, "Two, one..." she takes another step forward
"Zero." She says, she attacks.

-Scott's P.O.V-

We can't let her parents get to her. Who knows what they're gonna do. We have to keep them from Ari too, she's already going to be weak because she's keeping the shield up.
"Ari!" I shout, she moves out of the way just in time to avoid one hit but get hit by a different phantom, she falls to the ground.
"No!" Alex screams, her shield disappears. She rushes over to Ari. I can tell by her face that she's alive. Alex's father comes over, he goes to hit her. I try to stop him but another Phantom holds me back. Instead, he hit Jay.

-Callum's P.O.V-

"JAY!" Alex screams, Jay slowly sits up.
"I don't get defeated that fast." He says, a sharp pain runs through my arm again.
"Scott!" I squeak, the pain is almost unbearable, Scott's eyes flash red. He attacks the leader, she falls to the ground, dead.
"Scott!" I say running to him, "Scott calm down." His eyes become their perfect blue again

-Yammy's P.O.V-

Alex's father is going to hit her again. I run in and stand in front of her. I close my eyes and wait for the hit to come, I never does. I open my eyes, it didn't come because it hit Jay first.
"We aren't trying to hurt you Jesse." Their mother says, "If you get out of the way nothing bad will happen."
"No." He says, "I will get hit a hundred times before I let you lay a finger on my little sister."
"If you insist." Their father says, he shoots a phantom beam at him, he falls to the ground.
"JESSE!" Alex screams, she stares at her parents with complete hatred in her eyes, a ball of fire appears in her hand, she slowly walks towards her dad, "I'm doing this for your own good."
"Alexa, calm down." Her mother commands, she doesn't listen
"Broken." She says, sending a beam of fire at them, "Damaged, not my daughter, confused, wanting attention, demon." With every word she sends another fire ball.
"Alex, calm down." Ari pleads, "There are different ways we can make sure they can't hurt you." Alex sends two more fire balls, they both fall.
"Everyone has their demons," She says, "You were mine." She passes out.