Part 17

-Scott's P.O.V-

I check the time, it's been two hours. I keep my eyes glued to the ground. We need to find Ari. I turn into a fox and listen, nothing. I search some more. Thirty more minutes pass when I hear a scream, it's not a loud one, but I follow it. I land on the ground and see a giant black wolf in front of Ari laying on the ground. I loose control again, I strike the wolf with lightning, I falls over dead. I rush over to Ari and check her pulse, he heart is still beating, but it's weak. I put her on my back in run towards the house. I call the others.
"Guys, meet me at the house!" I say
"Did you find her?!" Alex asks worried, "Is she ok?"
"I found her, and... she's alive." I say, I leave out the part that her heart is barely beating. I make in to the house and head to the hospital station. I lay her down on an empty bed.
"Ari!" Alex says, she rushes over to the side of the bed, Ovi walks in and turns on a monitor, (they have maaaaagic monitors that they just turn on cuz i lazy) it beeps, but it beeps slower than normal.
"She needs nutrition." Ovi says, "Like, now." Bella grabs something from the cabinet and hands it to her, Alex rolls up Ari's sleeves revealing a ton of cuts. Alex starts to cry in Jay's arms.
"How long has this been happening?" Bella asks
"Since she was eight or something." Jay says
"I tried so hard." Alex says so quietly I could barely hear her
"Alex, this isn't your fault." I say, she doesn't listen
"I tried so hard to be strong for her." She says
"Alex, you couldn't have stopped this." Yammy says
"I... I... I could've." She says
"Alex, don't do that to yourself." Lizzie says, "This isn't your fault."
"If I had let go. If I had not said those things. If I didn't..." She starts
"Alex, look at me." Callum says, "You. Did. Nothing. Wrong."
"I did." She says, "I helped her depression win. You guys don't understand."
"Than help us." Jay says
"I was a terrible person." She says, "I said terrible things. I did terrible things, all of this is because I couldn't control my feelings."
"I don't get it." Joel says
"I bullied when we were younger because I liked her and I didn't know how to deal with it." She says, "This is my fault. She was so happy before, and then I- I happened."
"Alex, this isn't your fault." Callum says
"Every day I told her that she was useless, that she was the worst, that she was ugly, a freak. I watch her eyes, her perfect eyes, loose their sparkle and I did nothing but laugh." She says
"You saved her life." Joey says
"I was the reason she wanted to die in the first place!" She says, "I was terrible."
"Alex, that's in the past." Jay says, "Every day she would come home and talk about you. She never said anything bad about you."
"When she started to be depressed, I told her she would never get better." She says
"This isn't your fault." I say, "You didn't know she would do this." She doesn't say anything, she just continues to cry. I get my orb and play a song, she starts humming to it. Eventually she starts singing something but we can't hear her because she's still crying.
"Because of you I'm alive." She says at the end
"You both sing that part." Jay says, "And you both love each other, that's all that matters."

-(Sorta) Ari's P.O.V-

I don't know where I am. I look around and all I see is white. Three people appear, all of them are me.
"You deserve what you give to yourself." One of them says
"You are worthless." Another says
"You deserve to die." The last one says, another person comes running towards me, it's Alex.
"Ari!" She calls
"Alex!" I say, the three me's walk towards me
"You are worthless."
"You deserve what you give yourself."
"You deserve to die."
"Stop!" Alex shouts at them, "She is the most amazing, wonderful, beautiful and smart person I met, and she deserves to be happy." The three me's disappear, I pull her into a hug.
"Thank you." I say
"I'm sorry." She says, she starts to cry
"What are you sorry about?" I ask
"I'm sorry I said those things to you." She says, "I'm sorry I did those things to you. I'm sorry I made you feel useless. I was confused."
"Don't be sorry." I say, "I love you."
"I love you too, but I have to go." She pulls away
"Wait!" I call, "Take me with you!" She disappears, I curl up into a ball and cry.
The white around me starts to fade, I can see all my friends in the hospital station. Alex is crying and Jesse is hugging her. I want to tell them that I'm alright but my feet are glued to the ground. I call out to them but they don't hear me.

-Callum's P.O.V-

It's been a week since Scott carried Ari out of the woods barely alive. She hasn't woken up yet. I punch a training dummy hard.
"You're talking to much time to charge your attacks." Scott says, "You leave yourself vulnerable and predictable."
"Scott, it's a training dummy." I say
"I know, but you fight like that against things that are alive too." He says, "You have to do a combination of short, weak punches and hard ones."
"Ok, great." I say not really listening
"What did I just say?" He asks
"I don't know." I say, "Sorry, it's just a lot."
"Yeah, I'm a little worried." He says
"A little?" I ask
"A lot." He corrects
"Scott?" I ask no longer punching the dummy, "Scott, what if she doesn't wake up?"
"Don't say that." He says, "She'll wake up." He sounds like he's try to convince himself more than me
"Scott, she wasn't in good shape when you carried her out of the forest and she hasn't gotten better." I say
"She hasn't gotten worse." He says
"That's debatable." I say, "And Alex."
"What about Alex?" He asks
"Alex hasn't gotten better either." I say, "She's just sitting there humming. She's barely eaten in five days."
"She's not giving up and neither are we." Scott says
"I'm not giving up." I say, "I just don't want to talk about the chance that they both make it out alive."
"It is pretty slim." He says, "But they're stronger than this, they'll make it."