Part 13

-Ari's Dream-

Because of you I'm alive.
I see Alex sitting on a park bench crying. I sit down next to her.
"What's wrong?" I ask, she looks down and keeps crying, "Alex... look at me."
"No." She says softly, "No."
"Alexa Christine Miller, look at me." I say, she looks up at me, there's a bruise on her right cheek and a huge gash across her right eye. Her lip is bleeding, "Alexa, who did this to you?" I already know the answer
"You don't have to pretend that you care." She says, "Don't call me Alexa."
"Alexa. Christine. Miller. I do care. Tell me who did this to you." I say
"Don't call me by that name." She says
"Alexa." I say
"Not that one." She says
"Which one?" I ask confused
"Miller." She says, "They're not my parents. They don't love me enough."
"Even if your parents don't love you," I say look her in the eyes, "I will."
"Why?" She asks
"Because you saved my life." I say, "And because you deserve to be loved." we kiss.

Another dream forms in my head.

I'm looking at the sunset. I'm standing on top of my roof hoping my parents don't find me up here. I walk forwards. I hear the door to the stairs that lead to the roof slam shut. Five more steps.
"Ari!" Four more steps, "Arianna!" Three more. I hear her start running towards me. Two more steps and I'll be free. One more step. I close my eyes and step forward. Nothing. I open my eyes, Alex is there, her arm wrapped tightly around my waist.
"Let go of me." I say
"No." She says firmly
"Why do you have to do this?" I ask starting to cry, "Why can't you let me be happy?"
"You don't want this." She says
"I do." I say, "I want this so badly."
"No, you don't. So many people love you. Don't do this." She starts to cry as well
"The world isn't gonna blow up if I die." I say
"Yeah, ok, Earth isn't going to blow up if you die, but my world will." She says, "If you leave me, I will never forgive you. Stay. You're the one thing keeping me on this planet, and for that, I'm doing the same for you." She slowly lets go of me.
"Why did you do that?" I ask
"Because you won't do it." She says, "I know you won't." I slowly walk closer to the middle of the roof. I can no longer see the ground.
"I love you." I tell her
"If I didn't love you, you would have left me." She says
Because if you I'm alive.

-Callum's P.O.V-

I look at Scott asleep next to me. He is breaths are slow and steady. His eyes a closed lightly. He's perfect. I think about the song I heard Ari and Alex singing though the wall. I hold onto the last line. I slowly drift off to sleep playing the song over and over again.

-Scott's Dream-

I'm sitting in a park full of people. I'm sitting on the ground in the middle of a walkway, nobody even notices me. Bella appears next to me.
"Sad isn't it?" She says, "How they're to busy to even look up to see what's wrong." I look around, there's a little girl crying on a bench. I turn to say something to Bella but she's gone.
"Sad isn't it?" Ovi say, "How they all wonder who's crying, but nobody looks up to answer themselves." Like Bella, she fades away. Ari and Alex appear, they don't say anything, they just mouth what the two girls say on the bench. They're the girls on the bench. I listen to the rest of the conversation. The dreams fades, a new dream pops into my head. It's of young Ari and Alex again. We're standing on the roof of a building. I watch what's happening.
"No!" I scream as young Ari steps forward one more time. They don't acknowledge me. The dream fades again bringing me to one more.

-Jay's Dream-

"Alex!" I scream, we're pulled apart, "Let me see my sister!" I kick and squirm but they don't let go
"Jesse!" She screams, "Help me!"
"Stop!" I scream, "Stop! Hurt me instead."
"Jesse, there's no need for you to get hurt." My mom says holding me back still
"LET GO OF ME!" I scream at the top of my lungs, "THAT'S MY SISTER, NOT AN ANIMAL YOU CAN HURT!"
"Jesse..." My mom says
"DON'T JESSE ME!" I scream, "LET ME SEE MY SISTER!"
"We can't do that." She says
"Let. Me. See. My. SISTER!" I scream again
"Jesse, she deserves what she gets, you don't." She says
"SHE DOESN'T DESERVE ANY OF THIS!" I scream, "SHE DESERVES SO MUCH MORE THT WHAT YOU GIVE HER! SHE WAS BRILLIANT, SHE COULD HAVE DONE SO MUCH AND THEN YOU DID THIS! YOU RUINED MY BRILLIANT SISTER!"
"Jesse." Me mom says sternly, "Stop."
"No." I say
"What did you say?" My mom asks
"I said no." I say
"Jesse..." My mom says
"Don't do that to me, you won't punish me, you only punish Alex." I say
"You don't have a sister named Alex." My mom says, "You have a sister named Alexa."
"You don't even know your own daughter's name." I say, "LET ME SEE MY SISTER!" I hear her scream, I mange to escape my mom's grasp and run past my dad. Alex is laying on the floor curled up into a ball.
"Jesse..." She says weakly, "Jesse."
"It's ok, it's ok." I say, I look at the fresh cuts on her arms and the bruises that are already forming all over her. I have to get help. I pick her up and run, I run past my parents and out the door. I run the the hospital that's only a few blocks away.
"Please." I say out of breath, "Help me, help my sister."
"You'll have to wait, we have a lo-" The person at the counter starts, she turns around to see my sister, barely conscious in my arms.
"Please..." I beg, "She needs help, she needs help, please."