The Wrong Girl

We've all watched about a million Romantic Comedies where the boy breaks up with his girlfriend because he realizes he's in love with someone else, the "right" girl.

And when this finally happens, we're all really happy about it. They immediately set off together, paying no mind to the fact that the boy was in a different relationship, I don't know, about five seconds ago.

The person we never think about is the ex-girlfriend, the "wrong" girl. And why not? It hardly seems fair, once you think about it. She's the one always being dumped, or left at the alter, or publically humiliated.

But no one even spares her a second thought, because she was just in the way the whole time. She kept the right girl away from the boy for so long. And of course, we were all rooting for the right girl, who wouldn't be?

I've watched more of these movies than I could possibly count, and I was as guilty of ignoring the wrong girl as everyone else is.

Until my life ended up just like a movie.

When my boyfriend, Brayden, declared his love for his supposed "just best friend" Kelly in front of our entire grade, I finally saw those movies in a different light.

My name is Serena Briggs, and I'm the real life wrong girl.

Author's note- So this is my new story, and I've already written four or five chapters of it. I'm really excited about it, and so though I usually wait until I'm done writing to start posting, I've decided to put it up now. Hope you like the blurb, and decide to continue on into the story. Thanks for reading! x