Chapter Seven

For the next few days, I'd wake up from my nightmares, and call Grayson. He never failed to answer, no matter what time, and I fell asleep talking to him every night. I spent every day after school with Chloe, while Josh and Grayson had crazy long soccer practices to prepare for the big game coming up against our biggest rival high school.

But then it was Friday, and Friday was Halloween.

Grayson had been acting weird all day. Not rude, not mean- just off. He stared into space a lot and jumped when I spoke to him. It felt like we were in different worlds.

"Gray?" I asked, poking his shoulder.

"Hmm?" He jumped, "Oh, Princess, hey"

"Grayson, the bell rang two minutes ago" I said slowly, gesturing around our AP Chemistry room, which was completely empty except for us.

"Oh yeah" He flashed me a fake smile, "Right"

"Are you okay, Grayson?" I asked, cautiously.

"I'm great babydoll" He winked.

I took that as a sure sign that he didn't want me to pry. I thought back to the last time I tried to get information out of Grayson, and I figured that if I didn't want him to blow up on me again, I should let him tell me things when he was ready.

"Are you going to Josh's party?" I asked, walking with him to his car.

Josh was hosting the senior class halloween party this year, and it was definitely going to be big.

"Yeah, I guess I'll have to" He said distractedly.

"I guess I'll see you there, then" I smiled.

"Yeah, see you" He said, climbing into his car.

As he opened the door, I saw a bouquet of flowers in the passenger seat. Was that why he was acting so weird? Is there a girl in his life?

I shrugged, walking to my own car. It shouldn't matter if Grayson has a girlfriend or not.

I went home, and started getting ready for the party. I had decided to go as a devil this year. It was my own personal joke because last year, me and Brayden were angels. Now that I'm brunette and single, devil seemed to suit me way better.

Last year, I had worn a cute white sundress, curled my hair into blonde ringlets with a glittery halo on top, and wore light makeup. I looked like a perfect angel, literally.

This year, I wore a ripped red tank top, and black spandex shorts over black fishnet tights with a few holes I had purposefully made in them. I made my brunette hair stick straight, and applied black eye makeup. Slipping on my black boots, and devil horns, I took one last glance in the mirror, and smiled.

This year was a total 180, and I loved it.

I drove myself to the party alone. Chloe had gone early to help Josh set up, and she was sleeping there. She told me if I wanted to drink, I could crash in one of Josh's guest rooms. I decided I'd get there, see how the party was sober, and drink if necessary.

I walked in, and immediately saw Chloe. I grinned, striding over to her quickly. Her and Josh were both sporting togas, and I laughed. They looked adorable.

"Chlo!" I shouted, grabbing her attention.

"Serena, you look smokin' hot" She grinned, glancing at me, "Brayden's not going to know what hit him"

I frowned for a second, before forcing my face back into a grin for her. I hadn't even been thinking about Brayden at all. Even though sometimes it still hurt to think about, I had accepted that me and Brayden are completely over, and I moved past it. Honestly, I could never still want someone who would cheat on me and humiliate me.