Chapter Five

The next week in AP Chemistry lab, me and Brayden had finished all the work early. In the rare occasions that this happened when we were dating, it meant some free time for us to hang out. But now, it meant hell.

Predictably, I excused myself to the bathroom, figuring I could waste about five or ten minutes in there without anyone noticing.

But when I walked in, Kelly was standing at the mirror.

"Oh my god, the world must really fucking hate me" I muttered under my breath, staring at her in disgust.

I had escaped one evil just to be stuck with the other. And I honestly couldn't even tell you which one was worse.

"Don't leave" Kelly requested, looking at me sadly, "I have something to say to you"

"You have something to say to me?" I laughed in disbelief, "I'm the one who should be having a talk with you"

"So why don't you then?" Kelly asked, looking rather peaceful.

"Because you're disgusting and not worth my time" I said, forcing my voice to stay calm.

I turned around, and headed back to the door.

"You're just mad because he didn't choose you" She called after me.

I felt myself burn with rage. That's it, I couldn't take it any more. I tried so hard to pretend I was calm, but that accusation was just too much for me.

"How fucking dare you?" I screamed, "If that's why I was mad, I'd only be mad at him, not you too, you complete idiot"

"What the hell else do you have to be mad about?" She yelled back at me.

I laughed humorlessly.

"I thought we were friends! I knew we weren't close or anything, and I knew you probably had feelings for him, but for him to cheat on me with you and then you both to just smile right to my face?" I said, venom in my voice, "You must truly be an awful person"

"How did you know that?" She asked, looking panicked.

"He told me himself" I replied.

"You need to let me explain" She said tiredly.

"He cheated on me, and you both acted like everything was okay" I said, coldly, "He came back and kissed me with those lips, after you had been on them. I can't even look at you right now"

"Serena, you don't know the whole story" Kelly said, eyes sparkling with tears. This made me even angrier. She didn't deserve to cry, there was no reason for her to, she's not the one who got cheated on and dumped in front of half the school.

"I don't need to know anything else" I replied icily, turning away, "Never talk to me again"

With that, I turned around and walked out of the bathroom, and started heading down the hall back towards my class. Sadly, she followed me out, and I spun around to face her again.

"What do you want, Kelly?" I glared, "Did you wanna tell me someone else had cheated on me or is Brayden it?"

"It's not like you thought it was, Serena" She said, softly, "We kissed, but it didn't go farther than that. I know it was a horrible thing, but it only happened once and he told me it was a mistake"

I felt a little bit less disgusted, since I had been picturing scenarios where he slept with her and came back and slept with me immediately after nonstop since I found out about the cheating, but it didn't really matter. Cheating was still cheating, and no matter what, it shouldn't have happened.