Manga Frenzy - Edni

When the door opened Ed found a short black-haired girl smiling at him. He smiled back at her politely as she stepped aside so he could walk inside the flat.

"What a lovely surprise to see Ginger Teddy Bear visiting us for a change," Mila said lightly and Ed chuckled.

It was true that he never went to their flat, it was always his girlfriend visiting him. In his defence it was because he didn't share a flat with his best friend.

"It's because Moni doesn't pick up the phone so I got worried. Is she around?" Ed asked going directly to the topic in question. He had come back three days ago from a short promo to some countries in Europe and still hadn't seen his girlfriend. He had called her and texted her but nothing had happened and he started to get very worried.

"In her room. She got a bad cold so she has a medical leave for a few days," Mila explained and Ed's eyes widened.

He was the boyfriend and he didn't know that. What was going on?

"Go see her. She's much better now but she doesn't leave her room except for food and toilet."

Ed only nodded and went directly to the brunette's bedroom. If there was a reason why she was avoiding him he had to find out. It was true that she wasn't the clingy type, but in that occasion there was something odd.

When he walked in he found her in the bed, the covers up to her ear and a complete silence filling the room. Weird, because Moni was always listening to music no matter what she was doing.

She didn't react to his presence so Ed walked up to her bed and lied next to her. Only then she got out of that trance she was in and Ed noticed Cress, her iPad, next to her face.

"Ed! What are you doing here?" she asked. She didn't sound happy, just surprised and that stung.

"I came to see you 'cos you don't answer your phone," he said as casually as possible.

"My phone?" she looked everywhere with a puzzled expression that told Ed she didn't even know where she had her phone. "Uhhh it should be somewhere near."

"Are you all right?" he asked, unable to hide the concern in his voice. Moni always had her phone in hand.

"Of course!" she replied too quickly. "Just caught up reading manga," she laughed next but that only looked suspicious for Ed. "You know me, I get addicted to these from time to time."

"Yeah, but you never completely shut everyone out. Are you really okay? You can tell me. I'm here for you," he reminded her although he shouldn't even remind her of that.

"Yes, I just need to stop for a while. It's okay. I'm gonna be fine. Just let me immerse myself in these for a while."

"Why?" he asked, genuinely concerned.

Moni looked away, her hands gabbing her iPad and pulling it against her chest. "I gotta let myself feel sad from time to time, okay? Just let me. I'll be fine in a couple of days. I just need to disconnect for a while."

"But you have me, Moni. If you're sad, I'm here for you."

"You don't get it. I need to feel sad and empty so I can carry on later. Why won't you let me? I'm telling you I'll be fine," she exclaimed, her voice raising and showing her frustration.

"Because I'm your boyfriend. It hurts me to see you sad," he replied calmly.

"And that's why I didn't want you to see me like this!"

Oh. So she was purposely avoiding him. He knew it. "Just let me be. I'll be fine in a few days."

She turned around so he was facing her back, which meant he couldn't argue any further. But he wasn't going to accept it just like that. No matter for how long they were together, she still couldn't understand that a relationship was also sharing the bad moments. And even if she was feeling down for the sake of feeling down, because that was her personality, then he wanted to be by her side because he knew she would do the same.

Driven to be her boyfriend he stood up, kicked his shoes off and got in the bed next to her. His arm wrapped tightly around her waist, pulling her against his chest.

"What the hell? What are you doing?" she spatted, fighting him.

"What? I also wanna read manga with you. If you need to feel sad then feel sad in my arms. Plus, who knows? I might enjoy reading manga."

"It's shoujo manga, meaning: extremely sappy and cliche. It's for little girls. You won't like it," she fought and he shrugged.

"You can't be sure. And if I don't like it I'll fall asleep and you can keep reading. And if you get tired we can watch an anime together. I wanna be with you, Moni. When you feel happy or when you feel sad. I thought you knew that by now." She didn't say anything, she just curled up next to him, turning around so they would be face to face. As she always did, she placed her leg on top of him and hid her face in his chest. "So, what's this manga about?"

She chuckled and hugged him tighter. "It's about Naho, who receives a letter from her future self, ten years in the future. In the letter she relates all her regrets and asks her to change that and overall to look after Kakeru closely because he died in an accident in the future," Moni told him, her voice growing shaky by the end and he hugged her even tighter.

"Shall we keep reading then?" he asked and she nodded. "So, how do you read a manga?"

She looked up and smiled brightly at him before grabbing her iPad ready to drag him into the manga frenzy.

-:-:-

I had to write a scene like this one xD I normally fall into these manga frenzies. I've been in one for like three weeks he he he.

Bel, xx