Clingy

Well, I don't know what to say about this. This is how Mila and I are xD and what would happen if we were in relationships. Teehee

Bel, xx

-:-:-

Clingy (a Momi? one shot)

“We have a problem,” Ed told Zayn and the dark-haired boy looked puzzled at the other man in the room who had called him to discuss, in his own words, something that concerned them both. Zayn couldn’t imagine what this was, considering that the most they shared was that their girlfriends were best friends, but that didn’t make them best mates.

“What would that be?” Zayn asked back, taking a sip of his Corona.

“Is Mila clingy to you?” Ed questioned him and he laughed.

“Of course not, she’s chill and we give each other space. We don’t need to be clingy,” he replied proud, a small coming to his lips.

“Yeah, neither is Moni… with me.” Zayn furrowed his eyebrows because Ed’s voice was actually concerned. “But she’s to Mila. That week Mila went to see you while you were in America Moni was moody the whole time, holding her phone and texting Mila all the time. I’m sure you’ve noticed this, too. Whatever they spend too much time apart, they miss each other more than anything. Moni doesn’t act like that when we spend months apart and that worries me.”

Zayn thought back of all the times his girlfriend and Moni had to spend time apart and how Mila behaved. She indeed whined a lot about how she missed her best friend, especially when for some reason Moni was out of reach. It was terribly when Moni went to see her family to the countryside where she didn’t have reception. And yes, Ed was right that Mila showed more yearning for her best friend than for her boyfriend. She was never the clingy type with him.

However, Zayn knew this. He was aware that the friendship between the two girls was something different and even if it weighted in on him, he couldn’t come between Mila and Moni. He didn’t think it was a problem, as Ed put it, and he thought it was just jealousy speaking, not actual concern.

“It’s how it is, Ed. We’ve know it for years. How long have you and Moni be together?

“Two years,” he replied easily.

“Then why is it a problem now?” he questioned next and Ed sighed.

“Because I want to ask Moni to live with me, but I don’t think she can take it,” he accepted and Zayn’s eyes widened.

He knew Ed’s and Moni’s relationship was as serious as his and Mila’s, but he was also aware of Moni’s fear of commitment. He could understand why Ed was worried, because Moni could use any excuse to avoid such an important step with Ed, and missing Mila would be a feasible reason.

“Mila and Moni never planned to live together forever, you know?” Zayn informed and Ed’s eyes widened. “It was during uni and then until they got on their feet on their own. They value their freedom and solitude quite a lot, you know.” Ed nodded, very aware of that fact. “So don’t worry about separating them. I do think she’ll want to live on her own first, though.”

Ed sighed, knowing exactly that it was true and Moni would reject his proposal so she could live on her own at least for a little bit. But he really wanted them to live together as they spent loads of time apart due to his work and Moni wasn’t good at showing her feelings. Even after two years, he still had doubts whether she loved him as much as he loved her. When they were together the doubts faded away, but that was the problem, they spend more time apart so it was more the time he fought doubts instead of being reassured. Living with her would help him to feel reassured because he knew Moni wouldn’t live with someone unless she utterly and completely loved that someone as to share her space. She liked being alone a little too much.

“It doesn’t have to be now,” Zayn reassured him and Ed nodded, knowing that. “But if it helps somehow, Mila has started to look for a flat for herself so probably Moni will too, or stay in their current one. After that you can ask her to move with you or maybe little by little. For instance, she can stay in your place every time you’re in London and when you’re not, she can go back to her own place. That way she won’t even feel the change. You can tell her it’s just like living on her own when you’re not around, but in a flat you two share.” Ed blinked, thinking of Zayn’s words and realising how good of an advice these were.

“You’re right,” Ed said with a smile. “Plus, in the future I might not have to travel so much and spend more time with her.”

“Certainly,” Zayn agreed. “So let them be clingy, it’ll always be like that. They’ll never be clingy to us.”

With a defeated sigh, Ed chuckled and nodded because it was silly of him to worry over something that was happening from before he even met Moni. She would never be clingy to anyone else but Mila and that was how he met her and fell for her.

He took another sip of his own Corona, thinking of how at that very moment Mila and Moni were together as the former had just arrived from her book tour. He could see them, cuddling on the sofa, watching a film, Moni’s leg on top of Mila. He chuckled, knowing he was just placing his insecurities—again—where they didn’t belong. Worse than a real couple was how Mila and Moni always were, nothing was going to change that, not even their real boyfriends.

“Cheers for out clingy girlfriends,” Ed proposed and Zayn laughed, clicking his bottle with Ed’s.

It was what it was.