Dishonour - Niall

I imagined this the other day and I had to share it because I laughes too hard. And thanks for the requests! I'll write them soon, it's good to have ideas of what you'll like to read.

For the one who requested about Hannah's death to see Harry's reaction: NO. I won't kill my baby TT.TT it hurts every time I do that.

Bel, xx

-:-:-

Dishonour - Niall

     Our first child with Alex is almost thirteen. Her names is Elizabeth and she is the light of our days. It's hard to believe so long has past since Alex and I met, now look at us! Married and with a teenage daughter and another five-years-old boy who can't stop playing footy with his favourite uncle Louis. 

Lizzy is my pride. She is the most beautiful thing I've done and I can’t believe she's ours, mine and Alex's. We made her. That always overwhelms me. 

Because I love my daughter I accept her how she is so when she summons both Alex and I with such solemn and ominous tone, I tell myself it'll be fine. Whatever she has to say, we'll accept her as she is. Nothing will change. If she suddenly tells us she is demisexual or some new label I am not aware of, she'll still be my daughter and I'll love her nonetheless. 

When she begins I get ready to hear it. Alex is the same, she holds my hand tightly. We are not scared of what she might tell us but of how much she'll struggle with society for them to accept her. We all know that people won't make it easy for her. 

"Mum, Dad," she begins in her sweet voice. She's nervous, almost trembling and I smile at her reassuring her that she can tell us anything. "I'm— no, I've decided to become finally vegan. There, I said it."

For a whole minute Alex and I can't say a word. A part of me can't believe what I just heard because nothing could've ever prepared me for this blow. My daughter. Vegan. Not even vegetarian but vegan. I… I can't believe it. I blink and blink, hoping the scene will change because this must be a bad dream. A nightmare. Our daughter can't be vegan!

"But… but…" I mumble, not being able to process the information. In my mind there's no explanation for why people would give up meat. "But chicken…"

I look at Alex and in her mature face I can see the same horror I feel twisting my guts. The same incredulity and hope that this is all a joke. 

"You're joking, right? You can't be vegan! Niall, tell your daughter she can't be vegan!"

"Lizzy, are you sure? Maybe you're just confused. You've always enjoyed eating meat," I remind her and she shakes her head. 

"No, Dad. I ate it but always felt guilty. Besides, studies show that following a vegan lifestyle can add a reasonable number of years to your lifespan. It is healthier and friendlier with the environment," she speaks but I don't understand a word. I can't believe her words. 

"Those studies are wrong!" I spat in the most childish way as if I were twenty-one again. 

"What are you gonna eat? How are you gonna go out with us? We take part of the eating contest every year. It's a family tradition! Are you rejecting your family?"

"Mum, chill!" Lizzy cries but Alex only squeezes my hands tighter. "Tammy's been vegan for like twenty years and she's perfectly fine. Why couldn’t I?"

"I knew Tammy was bad influence!" My wife cries and I nod supporting her. 

"You love Tammy, Mum," Lizzy reminds her and Alex shakes her head. 

"Not when she turns you against us! Why vegan? Not even eggs or milk or cheese. You can't even eat pizza! What are you going to eat?" A sob escapes Alex and I can't barely say a thing. 

"We won't be able to go to Nando's anymore," I whine and Lizzy sighs deeply. 

"Mum, Dad, you're exaggerating. It's not like I’m dishonouring the family or anything," she insists but she might as well be doing it 

"Give us space and time, Lizzy. This is too much for us to take at once. Your mother and I need some," I request and she rolls her eyes. 

"Fine. I knew you wouldn't understand. Meat-addicts," she replies, her tone accusatory as if she was insulting us. 

Once Lizzy leaves Alex looks up, her eyes desperate and wild. "What did we do to deserve this? Why is this happening to us? Our daughter, vegan? That makes no sense. What are we gonna do, Niall?"

"We have to accept her. She's our daughter," I remind her and Alex whines. 

"It's going to be so hard," she cries and I hug her tighter, imagining the future that awaits us. Lizzy eating tofu instead of chicken. I can't bear the thought.

"It'll be but we are a strong family. We'll make it,” I reassure her but I can't even imagine how we’ll adjust to this.

Oh, why couldn't our daughter just be gay?