Why Not? - Liam

Hello there! I will start a new stage in the vignettes, this time with a more adult topic. So there'll be one for each couple in the order they happen. I'm sure you all want to know about this part of their lives, I always receive comments asking for sequels and whatnot so yeah, it's time. Enjoy! And try to guess who's the next couple in this series of vignettes. 

Bel, xx

-:-:-

Why Not? - Liam

We are on the sofa, cuddling. The telly is on and some random family show is on but none of us is paying attention. Tammy is fascinated watching Anacleta climbing her legs to just put her down again. By now I don’t cringe or run when the tarantula is near. I don’t touch her, but I don’t avoid her either so Tammy is quite proud of me.

She keeps giggling in my arms, having the time of her life with her pet and I can’t wipe out the smile from my lips. We’ve been together almost two years and I love her even more when she does childish things, like giggling because she is so amused playing with her tarantula. Although I’m not sure if that can be considered childish. Do children play with tarantulas and giggle like Tammy is doing?

It is the same as when she plays with kids. It is like she is glowing and her smile is always so precious. It’s so easy to picture her with her own children and every time I imagine that I feel my guts twisting with longing. I can imagine her with our children but every time I think of mentioning that to her I get scared, not knowing how she would react to such an idea.

“Would let your kids play with Anacleta?” I ask, just to see how far I can get this time.

“Totally. If that’s what they want. Anacleta is safe and I doubt anyone would want to eat her,” she muses and I chuckle. “I’d give my kids all what they want.”

“Doesn’t scare you? Having children, I mean,” I question next because even if I know she wants to be a mother, considering her background it is hard to believe she can’t be scared.

“Nope,” she replies, surprising me. “I want to be a mum, I can’t wait. I want to love my kids, see them grow up and at the same time show myself what a family is. I want to have a normal, loving family.”

“Oh, so you want to have little Tammys and little Liams running around the house anytime soon?” I shoot next, getting nervous.

There are two possible outcomes: one, she will laugh at me or two, she will snap and tell me I am crazy because it’s too soon. But of course, Tammy never does what I expected her to do.

“Of course! Although I would never name my kids after ourselves. That’s so immature, Noob,” she replies and my eyes widen. “But yeah, I can see our kids and I get so excited when I think about it. You’d be such an adorable dad. They would grow in family with parents that love each other and them. I would love my kids even more if they were ours.”

I can’t breathe and for a moment I think I might be dreaming. She cuddles up to me even closer and my heart races.

“I know our kids will always feel loved. I always imagined I would raise my children alone, but now you’re with me and I know I couldn’t have asked for anyone better. I could never love anyone like I love you.”

I swallow the lump in my throat as I squeeze her tighter. She has thought the same things I have.

“And would you want to get married and all?” I try next, stepping even a bit farther.

“Yeah, why not? I want to give my kids as much normality as I can. It’s not like marriage will change how much I love you or anything, but it would simplify things and I’m sure I want to spend all my life with you so I don’t see why not. Plus, I know you want to get married one day.” She then turns her head to look at me, a big smile on her lips. “Why don’t we get married, Liam? What are we waiting for? We should get married.”

I blink away the surprise and try to will my heart to beat normally or I might have a stroke. She keeps smiling at me and I am still frozen.

“A-are you serious?” I ask because I have to make sure.

“Of course. We should get married,” she says it so casually but her eyes were intent, telling me she means this. She wants to get married, as well.

“Y-yeah, why not?” I reply, trying to sound as nonchalant like her, but my voice sounds more like a squeal.

“Great, then. Should I get you a ring? Or are you gonna do that? We have to tell your parents,” she continues and I am doing my best to keep the cool image.

“I have a ring,” I confess and she smirks. “I bought it just in case. Anyhow… gotta use the loo. I’ll be right back,” I blurt out and practically ran away, but I can hear her giggling in the living room.

Once in the loo I grab my mobile. My hands are shaking when I type the words to all my close friends.

I’m getting married!! —Liam

Not even five seconds later my mobile goes off with an incoming call.

“Did you propose?” Zayn asks as soon as I pick up.

“No,” I choke. “Tammy did,” I laugh next and I can hear struggle. Zayn isn’t alone, Niall and Louis are with him, I can recognise their voices. “I’m getting married!”

I can’t believe it, happiness is making it hard for me to breathe.

“Congrats, mate!” they cheer and I keep laughing. I look at myself in the mirror and I have a stupid grin plastered on my face.

“Thank you,” I breathe out and I can hear my friends laughing.

“Are you crying, Liam?” Louis asks. They are probably using the speaker.

“No,” I lie as I wipe away a tear that has escaped. “I’m just… surprised. And happy.”

“You’re so crying!” Louis shouts and I can hear Niall laughing hysterically.

“I’m not and I’m leaving. I have important things to talk about right now. A wedding to plan. Goodbye!” I hang up before they can tease me any further. Then I look at my reflection and grin foolishly again.

I am getting married!