Too Much? - Alex

And the third to get married! <3 I can't believe I'm writing these hehehe.

Bel, xx

-:-:-

Too Much? - Alex

     When I imagined my wedding I never thought it would be like this. I had this fantasy from when I was still a teenager of having a very punk rock wedding. Maybe a black dress, my combat boots, my hair in a controlled mess and very dark eye makeup. I also imagined that by my side I would have a rockstar covered in tattoos and piercing like me and he would be the vocalist of a rock band.

Well, I am marrying a musician and he is a vocalist… in a boy band. Not quite what I expected. And he’s all blonde and happy go lucky and he got scared when he tried to get a tattoo. He’s practically the opposite of my dream man. Yet I love him more than I could’ve ever thought possible.

I also imagined having a very discrete wedding, just my friends and Ethan by my side. His band mates and friends. And we would have the party at our usual bar and our song would be some rock classic. I did imagine all that.

Instead, I’m having this big fat Irish wedding. I’m not joking when I say Niall invited all Mullingar. No, all Ireland! I don’t know if they are all here but Jesus, it seems the whole world came to Niall Horan’s wedding. He would have invited all USA and Australia if he could but I told him that would be too much. He wanted to invite the Queen but I told him she surely was busy. I guess he just wanted to brag his Irish independence to her but she is still my Queen, I owe her respect.

I am not marrying in a black, rocker dress. In fact, my dress is white and quite conventional and simple, but I like it because my tattoos and piercings stand out.

Oh yeah, after so many years I have even more tattoos. Zayn became my tattoo buddy and I’m also Mila’s eyes. I keep control over Zayn’s tattoos so he doesn’t end up getting her face or name tattooed. He once wanted and I stopped him. Thank goodness I did, Mila told me if he had done that she would’ve sent him to a psychiatrist and broke up with him then ran to another country, as far away from him as possible.

Going back to my tattoos, I have a sleeve now and it looks so wicked with my dress and even if people don’t see, I am wearing combat boots and some ripped black jeans under the dress for when the dancing comes. I also left behind the red locks and changed to green ones. Niall loves them eve more, they remind him of home. His words, not mine. I also got a tattoo for him. On my left wrist there’s a tattoo of Ireland and on my right of the UK and if I put them together in certain position they make all Great Britain. Niall loves the one of Ireland, of course. I never met someone as proud as him of being Irish.

Niall… my beautiful, lovely, childish Niall. He looks handsome as ever, manly in his clean good boy way and I love him. I can’t believe I’m actually marrying him, but at the same time I couldn’t imagine myself with anyone but him. Even if we look like complete opposites, he is my other half. Although I’ll never say that out loud, it’s too sappy.

I know no one else could love me like he does and he really accepts me the way I am. He would never ask me not to get a new tattoo or piercing, he’ll love me with any modification I do to my body and he’s proud of me. He loves to brag, actually. For instance, at the reception party, when we are in the middle of the dance floor he grabs the hem of my dress and lifts it to show my trousers and boots.

“That’s my Alex,” he says and then looks at everyone around us that keep laughing and cheering. “My sexy badass wife, everyone!” he shouts and everyone cheers for us.

I laugh out loud and then with Mila’s help, who not only planned my wedding but also made sure to have the perfect dress for me, I manage to get the front part of the skirt of my dress up so I can show my trousers and boots and dance like that whilst the back part of my skirt falls like a tail, making me look like a badass bride. Niall looks at me with all the pride in his eyes and the brightest smile.

“I love you so much, Alex,” he says grabbing me by the waist to pull me towards him. “Wife,” he giggles and I wrap my arms around his neck.

“I love you so much, Niall,” I repeat his words, changing my name for his and stand on my tiptoes to kiss his lips. “Husband.”

So no, he’s not the husband I imagined I would have or the father I pictured for my children. He’s not the man I thought I would fall for and this is not the wedding I dreamt of. It’s better. It’s perfect.