Steady - Kay

Okay, a short Kouis one shot. I'll write another one, longer, later. I hope you like it! I'm writing it from my mobile again so I apologise for the mistakes.

Bel, xx

-:-:-:-

Steady - Kay

Steady. Adjective. It means regular, even, and continuous in development, frequency, or intensity.

Steady is a word that was never applied to me, no one ever described me using that word and to be honest, it was never appealing to me. It seemed boring, it seemed dull. What was the fun of being steady? And even less steady in a relationship. I was a slut, not a whore because I never charged anyone. Just a slut and I don't regret or think I did something that I shouldn't have. I had fun, it was what I believed in before.

So it's funny that now I am in a steady and serious relationship. Me. Kay Evans is steady in life. And it's funny how our perspectives in life can change so easily, we just need to meet the right person.

I don't remember wanting to be with someone forever. The idea of loving someone forever seemed idiotic to me, impossible. How can you be sure you'll be in love with that person until the end? How can you know you won't love another one later? But turns out you actually can do that. I can do that.

I used to close my eyes and picture my future. I was always on my own, happy, successful, but on my own and that always seemed okay to me. But now... now I close my eyes and picture my future and in every scenario I see Louis. Always around, with me.

I'm not sure how things changed in me, when steadiness became something I wanted, something I needed. I just know this is what I have now and what I don't want to lose it. I want Louis forever because I can't conceive my life without him anymore. We've been through a lot together and we always come out stronger than we were before.

Steady is not boring; steady is warm, steady is safe, steady is peace. I lived in a frenzy, missing this part of life that now I love.

I love being like this with Louis, having him in my life, giving me the steadiness I didn't have before.

As I hang a new picture of him I can't stop smiling. I look around and I feel that warmth that comes from the steadiness of our love.

"Hey, whatcha doing?" Louis asks hugging me from behind, his chin on my shoulder and our cheeks touching one another. I didn't hear him coming.

"Adding more pictures to my collection," I answer leaning on him a bit more.

My collection is in one room of my flat where I have pictures everywhere. Each wall is for a different purpose. One is for my family, other is for friends, the one with the door is the one for things I like and the largest one, the one that faces the door is for the one I love. I hang wires from side to side on each wall and hang pictures from those wires. On the largest wall I have so many pictures of Louis, on his own, on stage or with me. It's his face, his smile, his blue eyes on each picture of that wall and every time I look at it I feel that warmth inside of me again.

The latest picture I added is one from his birthday. We spent that day together, went out like any normal couple, we even rode in the Eye of London and later at night we went to a party I organised for him. It was a lovely day and that picture I just hung was one that we took while we were in the Eye of London, kissing against the sunset. Probably my favourite picture of us.

"I like this one. I want a copy," Louis says looking at the picture I just hung. "What were you thinking right now? You didn't hear me coming," he asks next, knowing that when I'm too immersed in my thoughts I get oblivious to the world.

"How I always see you when I close my eyes, in my future," I say honestly, not minding if I scare him. We've been together for so long, I don't think it can scare him anymore.

"Aw, is sassy Kay daydreaming of a life together?" he teases me kissing the skin of my neck playfully.

"Yes. Look how you've corrupted me!" I snap in shock, dramatising of course.

"Guilty of charge," he accepts releasing me to step back and raising his hands. "I've made of you a serious woman. I'm terrible."

I chuckle as I step closer to loop my arms around his neck, standing on my tiptoes and brushing my nose against his.

"Your reputation would be ruined if they knew what you've done to me," I carry on the joke and Louis sighs heavily.

"I would lose all my followers." I just laugh at how we are managing this topic. "But just for the record, I'm proud of what I did. It wouldn't be fun being the only one wanting this forever."

Forever. That is a word that scared me before at some level. So big, so important, so meaningful. But it doesn't scare me anymore. Talking about forever doesn't sound crazy or scary anymore. I guess it's because my forever includes Louis.

"Forever," I repeat leaning in closer, burning my lips against his. "Who knows, one day you may even get me to walk down the aisle."

"I'm counting on that," he replies with a cheeky smile that I still feel when he kisses me.

Steady is a word that you can apply to me and I'm happy about that.