Kiss Me

Just as suspected, there's a news article about the fight. Its right on the front page for everyone to see.

  "Michael Clifford of 5 Seconds of Summer, or 5SOS, has been caught fighting at a party on Saturday. Seems that the band member does not tolerate fowl language towards his girlfriend. Clifford and Stevens caught it out at a local party because Stevens called his girlfriend, Anna Leon, some pretty nasty names. Stevens left the scene with ten times more marks than Michael Clifford. Maybe he does have a personality to match his edgy look..."

   I throw the article on Michael's sleeping body. He stirs and then grabs the paper. Michael looks at it groggily before staring at me with confusion.

   "What?"

   "You have got yourself on the cover of the newspaper for that fight, Michael!"

   He looks at of more closely and messes his hair more while reading the stupid article.

   "I'm sorry, Anna. I didn't know it was going to be a big deal," he says sheepishly.

   The other boys are not happy about the newspaper either. This is not the kind of publicity they need for an up and coming band like themselves.

   "Do the boys know?" he asks squinting his eyes.

   "Yes," I reply sitting on the bed and pulling at my messy locks of hair.

   "They not like it?" Michael asks already knowing the answer.

   "Ashton hates it. Luke is not happy. Calum is iffy," I say sighing.

   "Of course Ashton hates it.."

   "What is that supposed to mean?" I snap.

   "He seems to hate anytime that your endangered or that your in the spotlight," Michael huffs crossing his arms.

   "Ashton doesn't want to have to save my ass every time I get in trouble because of you!" I retort.

   Why am I getting defensive? Oh, that's right! Michael is being a dumb ass, like always.

   "Because of me?" he asks pointing a finger towards himself.

   I nod and roll my eyes.

   "Yes, you. Every time you suggest we go out, Ashton always seems to be the one to save me when it goes wrong. First night, cops show up. Second night, you cheat on me. Third night, he has to get us out of the house since you started the fight."

   "You don't have to go," he says rolling his eyes.

   "Oh, fuck off, Michael! You know I have to. You don't give up until I say yes," I spit.