What's That On Your Neck?

After school finished, I walk into the parking lot looking for my mom. She is sitting in our four seater car with my brother in the front. "You dick," I say while getting in the car,"front seat has always been mine."

   Teagan turns around to make a snappy remark but stops abruptly. He eyes something on my neck and I immediately cover it with my hair. "Sh," I say quietly and he turns around quickly.

     Teagan is a year and three months older than me. He is the typical over protective brother, but he never wants to get me in trouble. I know he's going to interrogate me with questions later so I mentally prepare myself for that the rest of the car ride home.

     I immediately run up stairs and change my clothing. After school ritual. I turn on my computer and to keep me occupied while it takes forever, I go down stairs to get me some snacks. Mom has retreated to the den and Teagan was sitting on the barstool eyes locked on his phone.

     "What's on your neck?" he asks without even looking up. I continue to grab the necessary items to have a movie marathon for one.

     "Do I really need to answer that, Teag the Tiger?" I ask trying to lighten the mood. I never like having these conversations with him. This time, I didn't get it voluntarily.

      "You were at fucking school, Anna. How the fuck could you possibly get it?" he asked raising his voice.

      I shushed him a little.

      "I got it when I went to get lunch. I was hanging out with a group of boys," I reply grabbing up all of the snacks and start walking away.

      "I'm not done talking to you. You were with a group of boys, Anna? How fucking stupid are you?"

      "I only got it from one of them, Teagan. Don't worry about me.. I'm a big girl," I say before rushing up the stairs and into my room. 

     My phone was blinking green so I went and checked to see who I was getting messages from. Two from unknown and 3 from a couple of my friends.

     "***-***-****: Hey, babe. How are you going to repay me for the Starbucks?"

     "***-***-****: I can only imagine what your pretty lips can do"

     I shudder at the text message from what could only be Michael. My thumbs do a little dance while trying to figure out what to reply with.

    "***-***-****: fuck you. you're actually disgusting"

    I check my other messages and then decide on a movie to watch. I pick Men in Black because I'm in love with Will Smith.

    Half way through the movie, my phone dings and I pick it up.

    "***-***-****: But you'd do so much of a better job at it, princess. Why don't you come over?(;"

    I cringe at how creepy he is and throw my phone on the other side of the room to keep myself from thinking about the text.. or him.

    All through the movie, I kept hearing my phone ding and I was now officially weirded out. I pick it up and check to see if it was Michael. Sure enough, it was.

    "***-***-****: Is that a yes?"

    "***-***-****: No?"

    "***-***-****: That's a shame... guess I'll just have to do it myself."

    "***-***-****: I'll be thinking about you though. How you make your hips move when you walk and how you try to act like you don't like it when I leave marks on you."

      "***-***-****: I just fucking met you and I already hate you. you need help or something..."

      Teagan knocks on my door and opens it a bit.

       "I'm sorry, sis. I know I can get a little over protective at times, but it'd just because I love you. You know that, right?" he asks taking a seat beside me on the bed.

        I stay quiet and keep my eyes on my phone. He slings his arm around my shoulder and gives me a side hug.

       "Who'd you get it from?" he asks quietly. "I won't do anything, I just want to know who it was."

       I sigh and finally break eye contact with my blank screen. "That, Teagan, is something you don't need to know about. I'm sorry, but its for your own good," I reply and hug him back.

      Teagan isn't usually a fighter, but he would if it came to me. He has before and he would do it again. Michael has definitely been in more fights than Teag and has a lot more skill. I definitely don't want my brother being touched by him so I will be keeping it a secret.

     "Anna," he whines,"I just want to know."

     "And once you know, you'll go and look for him, pick a fight, and loose it."

     "So he's good at fighting?" Teagan asks.

     I honestly have no idea what Michael is like during a fight, but I do know he's better than Teagan.

     "Better than you, bro," I reply setting my laptop to the side. "I'm gonna go take a shower. Leave please."

      Teagan heaves himself up and kisses my forehead. "Just be careful, okay?"

      I nod once and Teagan is out of my room. I begin stripping my clothes off and getting ready form my shower. I put my clothes in the hamper and exchange it for clean clothing.

     After I am done cleaning my body and stuff, I get out and dry myself off. I notice my phone is blinking green again so I check the messages.

      "***-***-****: Wow. You're body is nice as fuck. Did you have a nice talk with your brother?"

     I chuck my phone at the wall and scream internally. Not only was he making sexual comments about me, he's stalking me, too. Fantastic.

    My phone was still in one piece and was not shattered. Which was surprising since I had thrown it super hard. I lay down in bed and turn off my phone scared of getting anymore messages from Michael.