Try Hard

"Anna," dad says waving his hands in my face.

   "Sorry, I must've zoned out. What?" I ask tearing my gaze away from the colorful wall.

   He smiles slightly and crosses his arms over his chest. I know he's going to say something about Patrick. To be honest, I don't want hear about it. His face just pisses me off, think about his personality.

   "Patrick's dad and I own a business together. You're going to be seeing a lot of him," dad says winking at me.

   I roll my eyes. This is going to be a long two weeks, I already know. Hopefully he learns fast that I am not going to date Patrick.

   "That's cool," I say sarcastically.

   He gets up to pay for the lunch. Patrick walks over and sits in my dad's chair.

   "Patrick," he says with a cocky little smile.

   I honestly just want to smack it off his face. He leans back in the seat and crosses his arms over his chest.

   "Good to know."

   "Anna, right?" he asks.

   "Yup," I say pursing my lips.

   He has dirty blonde hair that is swooped to the side. His eyes are a bright blue, but not as blue as Luke's. The kid has nice sized muscles that he's trying to show off way too hard.

   "Well, Anna Banana," he says," you're quite pretty if I do say so myself."

   I cringe. Who does this kid think he is? Wow, douche alert! Awkwardness is present in the air.

   "That's not my name," I correct standing up. "Also, I hope you fall."

   I tip his chair over. Patrick comes tumbling to the ground. I let out a giggle and walk away from the table.

   Dad smiles when he sees me and waves. I quickly make my way to him. The cashier and him are having an intense conversation about some clothing items that the man needs.

   "Let's go. I need to get my stuff unpacked," I say shifting my weight onto my left leg and putting my hand on my hip.

   "I'll talk to you later, Bob. Most likely, I'll call you tonight."

   We walk out of the restaurant in silence. The car ride is filled with music and my dad trying to make conversation.

   Once we get to the house, he stops me. He warns me that his wife and step kids are home and that they're excited to meet me. I groan to myself and heave myself out of the car.

   "Regina, Kat, Paige! Get down here, your dad is here!" a lady yells from a different room in the house.

   He is still getting my stuff out of the trunk so I am left alone. I decide its better to stay in the front hall until he gets in here.

   The kids come running into the room to greet him, but instead get me. Their faces mix with confusion and a little bit of sadness. Their mother comes in after them.

   "You must be Anna!" she exclaims.

   The women looks like a house wife. She has an apron on and brown curly hair with green eyes. Her figure is slender and I can tell she's one of those protective mothers by the way she wraps her arms around her three kids.

   I nod and look down at my feet. They seem to be more interesting than talking to the four females in front of me. I can feel them all staring at me so I look up at them.