5 Seconds of Summer?

"Babe, wake up," Michael says shaking my body.

   I have a little headache and him shaking me is not helping. I turn over and groan. The sun is shining through the curtains which helps me wake.

   "Did you have fun last night?" he asks handing me a Tylenol and some water.

   I shake my head and take the pill. My head hurts, my throat is dry, I feel like puking. This is not fun.

   "No," I say swallowing the last bit of water.

   His forehead creases and his eyebrows knit in confusion. That's Michael's lifestyle. His world is revolved around getting drunk and worrying about if the cops will catch him. Its exciting, but not for me. It gives me anxiety.

   "Why not?" he asks rubbing my tummy.

   "Not my type of thing," I state shrugging my shoulders.

   "So I'm guessing you wouldn't like to go out to another party tonight," he says with a sad expression on his face.

   I sigh and push the back of my head farther into the pillows. I don't want to disappoint him, but I don't really want to go.

   "You ditched me last time," I mumble turning my head toward the wall.

   "You were with Ash. I thought he had you," he says pulling my body closer to his.

   Ashton isn't the one who I'm supposed to be with. I'm supposed to be with Michael. He's my boyfriend, right?

   "I'm sorry, princess. I just thought Ashton had you. I'll stick by you tonight. Yeah?" he asks planting a kiss on my forehead.

   I sigh out and then nod. If he ditches me again tonight, I won't be going to another party. That might seem harsh, but I don't even want to go to these things.

   "Let's go out to breakfast, yeah?" he asks,"Ashton's buying."

   We get to the restaurant and all the other boys are already there. They're sitting like they usually do. At the back, too.

   I take a seat by Ashton and he gives me an awkward smile. Why is he being like this? God dammit, Ashton. What did I do?

   Everyone is in their own conversation talking about whatever comes to mind. Well, everyone but me. I'm sitting on my phone texting various people and checking up on Tumblr.

   "What's the matter?" Ashton leans down and whispers in my ear.

   I look up at the tall Australian and shake my head signifying that nothing is wrong. He's wearing a ripped up singlet with the ACDC logo on it. Ashton also has a grey beanie planted on his head.

   "Are you sure? You look kind of out of it today," he says chuckling.

   "Yeah, I'm fine. I kind of have a headache, but I'm good."

   He gives me one last smile before turning back to talk to the other three boys. Luke looks over and smiles at me politely.

   "Anna, what do you think about us being a band?" he asks leaning his head in his hands.

   "If you guys have talent, I don't see why not," I says shrugging.

   They all give me grins and cheer. Why do I have a say in it? I'm not their mother.

   "I think we should start a YouTube," Michael states.

   This is such a risky thing for them to do. What if it doesn't work and they crash and burn? They don't even know how they sound together. Do they even know how to play any instruments?

    "Luke and Michael know how to play guitar. I can play bass. Ash, you know how to play the drums. We can all sing! Let's do it!" Calum says loudly.

   Well, that answers my questions. But do they have a name?

   "Do you guys have a name?" I ask laying my head on the back of the booth.

   They all look stumped. Like it is the hardest thing to come up with. I giggle and cross my arms.

   "Yeah, didn't think that far ahead, did you?"

   Michael pouts and puts his head down. Luke taps his chin and tugs at his hair. Maybe it isn't so easy to come up with a name.

   "Um, how bout Moon and Whiskey?" Ashton asks already knowing it is a shitting name.

   We all give him a look and he throws his hands up in the air. I giggle and look out the window. What is a good name for this band?

   The boys and I go through about twenty different names before I say one that they seem to like. 5 Seconds of Summer. I guess Luke had a YouTube before this and has been posting on it for about a year now.

   "Do you wanna go back to the house and record something?" Calum suggests.

   Its been about thirty minutes and they keep in goofing around and messing up in the middle of the song. They choose to do "Teenage Dirtbag" because they all know that song.

   Surprisingly, they're good. Their voices mix together perfectly. It's beautiful and I can't help but smile every time they start singing.

   "Cmon, guys. You have got to get this recorded," I huff out a little annoyed.

    I am filming it for them and it is quite frustrating. Every time they mess up, I have to turn it off and delete the useless footage. Also, I don't have much patience.

   "I'm sorry, it was my fault," Ashton says giggling.

   He messed up the beat which causes everyone to burst out laughing. I know he's embarrassed, but he pushes it away with a laugh.

   "Last time. I promise," he says and flashes me a smile.

   He is right. They get it perfectly this time. The instruments match and so do their voices. 5 Seconds of Summer definitely does the song justice.

   "Now to upload it," Luke says inserting the plug into his computer.

   He types a little description saying that he has started a band and everything. Luke also includes that he hopes they support them and that they really enjoy this song.

   After it uploads, we all start to get ready for the party that is going on tonight. I leave their house to take a shower and clothe myself.

   "Mom, this or this?" I ask pulling up two different outfits.

   One has a black tight cropped halter top with high wasted acid washed blue jean shorts. They're ripped a little at the bottom and have a couple holes in the front of the shorts. My shoes blue studded Vans.

   The other outfit is a blue flowing tank top. It starts out light, but fades into a darker blue almost black. The shorts are just a simple dark dark black with studs on the legs. My shoes are baby blue TOMS.

   She looks at each outfit for quite some time. Mom purses her lips and then points to the first outfit. Then takes her finger away and points to the other. She does this about five times before deciding on which one she actually likes.

   "First one. Don't do anything stupid tonight, Anna. If the cops show up with you in handcuffs, I'll tell them they have the wrong house," she states and walks out of my room.

   I frown and throw the outfit she chooses on the bed. The sad part about her statement is that I know she's not kidding. I can't get caught doing anything illegal.