Secret's Out

"How was your day?" Michael asks showing up on my new computer screen.

   I sigh and lean my head on my hands. My hair is tied in a pony. I have sweats on and the tiredness has hit me. All I want to do right now is sleep.

   "Bad," I say," he wanted me to apologize for being rude to his new wife. Like, hell no."

   He smirks and leans back against his bed. I can hear noises from outside his room. The boys, probably.

   "That a girl," he says jokingly. "Be more forceful. Make him want you to leave, I miss you."

   "I miss you, Mikey."

   The Skype call ends quickly after because the boys come in acting like dumb asses. Something about how Michael hasn't stopped talking about me. Luke said he loved me and that's when Michael ended it

   "My Lost Puppy: Sorry about the boys, princess. You looked tired anyways. Get some sleep and we'll talk in the morning.xx"

   I shut my phone off after replying with a thanks and some x's.

   I am woken up in the morning by a knock on the door. Lila comes walking in next. She sits something on the dresser and then goes over to my bed.

   "Wake up. We have to go to breakfast with your dad's business partner and his son. I laid our clothes out so you'll have some nice and proper to wear," she says pointing to the thing she sat on my dresser.

   I look over at it and catch a glimpse of the bright pink flowery dress. Shaking my head no, I sit up in the bed. I will never wear that out in public, that's for sure.

   "No. I have clothes of my own. I'll pick something out."

   "Nice and proper," she repeats.

   "I'll pick something out," I repeat.

    She sends a glare in my direction. The look on her face makes me want to slap her. I didn't do a single thing, but she's trying to control me.

   "Look here, little girl," she starts off.

    "Look here, women," I copy.

    "I will not have you boss me around. I am not your daughter, number one. Don't go telling me I have to wear something specific. I'm seventeen, I think I'm capable of picking out my own clothes," I rant standing up.

   She backs up a little. I believe she thinks I'm going to start a fight with her, but she's wrong. Some girls may, but I'm not definitely not one of them.

   "Just back off," I demand.

   After she leaves, I start searching for a nice and proper outfit. It takes a while, but I find one. Black high waisted skinny jeans with a flowery cropped shirt. Better than she picked out.

   I walk down stairs with my phone in my hand. All the girls are waiting at the door. My dad is on the phone with someone and Lila is grabbing her purse.

   She looks at me and scoffs.

   "Mature," I say sarcastically.

   "About as mature as your outfit," she snaps back.

   I roll my eyes and look at my dad. He's sitting st the kitchen table writing down some number. It looks pretty important because he's trying to focus really hard. His forehead is creased and he has one hand keeping his head up while the other one writes.

   "Looks good," he says to me after he's off the phone.

   I nod and trudge off to the car. Paige and me are in the two middle seats. Regina and Kat take the back back seats.