Memories from the Past

"Don't you remember me, Akaashi? I'm your older brother."

This guy infront of me is saying that he's my older brother. No doubt about it. Our hair, the color of our eyes and even the shape of our face is the same.

"Do you want to come in? I'll cook your delicious food. It's been a while. Sato-san didn't told me that you are coming today."

He opened the gate and signal me to come in. When he opened the door of the house, everything seems so familiar to me. The shoerack, the floor, the way the furnitures are arranged, even the height measurements on the wall.

"Keiji, you can seat first in the living room while I cook dinner."

Without thinking what I'm doing, I know where the living room is. That's kinda weird because this is my first time coming on this house. I saw a picture frame on the table and saw myself on it. I am so surprise and I even double checked it if it was really me. I saw a guy and a woman on their 30's, the guy who says that he's my older brother and me... I guess this is me when I was around 13 or 14 years old.

Few minutes passed and he served the food on the dining room. It smells good...

"Keiji! The food's ready!"

I stood up and quietly sat infront of him. When I saw the food that was served, my tears suddenly fell down on my cheeks.

"Did you miss it that badly? It's your favorite food right? Boiled rapeseed plants with karashi mustard dressing." (Nanohana no Karashiae)

I wiped my tears and tasted the food that he made.

"It's so delicious."

"Really? Then please eat more."

After eating, I helped him wash the dishes. At first, he was rejecting my offer but he ended up giving up. We sat on the living room and both of us were quiet. I looked at him and saw him staring at me. He held my hand tightly and tears are forming on his eyes.

"I miss you so much Keiji. It's been three years since I saw you. I'm sorry if I can't visit you in England. I don't have enough money that time. I was just a first year university student and the money that I receive from my part time jobs are not enough to buy plane tickets. I need to pay for your hospital bills too so it was really not enough. I also ended up selling this house because I really don't have money anymore. The doctor that was in charge of you here in Japan, Levi-san, talked to his friend that was in England that time. He told me that his friend will be your sponsor on everything that you need. He's a doctor. A married man with no child. He made a deal with me and told me that he will do his best to revive you and said that I will not spend any money because he will pay for everything but with one condition."

He paused and I can see he's holding back his tears.

"He wants to adopt you in exchange of helping me. I feel so bad about it. I don't want to lose you but I want you to be cured. I asked Levi-san if he knew everything but he was also surprise about it. He doesn't know that what his friend means with 'sponsoring you' will also mean 'adopting you'. I talked to Aunt and Uncle about it. I made the decision by myself since I don't want to trouble them anymore. The two of them were crying and Hotaro was punching me damn hard that time. Did they change your surname? It's Sato Keiji right now, right?"

I nodded in response.

"I heard from Levi-san that if you come back, there's a possibility that you'll forget your memories about your love ones. I didn't know that this will hurt this much." He said while sobbing.

"I'm sorry Keiji. That was the best option I thought that I can do for you."

"But Sato-san didn't tell me anything about this."

"Maybe because he doesn't want to let you go. He told me the first time that he saw you, he was really happy. You look like an angel sleeping peacefully. That's when he decided to help you and adopt you."

"Please tell me more about me"

"Yes I will. But wait, did you met Bokuto already? I'm sure he miss you damn much right now."

"Bokuto-san?"

"You don't remember him too?"

"Oh..."

He smacked my head and smiled.

"Why can't you remember your boyfriend, idiot?!"

"My boyfriend?"

"Eh? You really can't remember him? You two were so inlove when we're in high school but things change when both of you knew that our parents and his parents died on the same car accident."

Car accident....?

"Bokuto had a trauma when that car accident happened and when he knew that it was you who was involve on the same car accident too, his personality and appearance changed a lot. He's expressionless, wears earrings, and his hair was down too! Damn he looks cool that time but his personality sucks. He fought every gang that he sees and always go home with a lot of bruisses on his body."

Wait.... he was like that this morning. He wears earrings, his hair down and he was expressionless.

"Kōtarō..."

"Yeah! That name! It still gives me goosebumps everytime I hear that name."

"What happened to me? Why was I in a coma?"

"When things weren't going well between you and Bokuto, you decided to pursue your dreams and live in Canada. You were on your way to the airport riding a cab but Bokuto was running to catch up. When you noticed him, you unconciously crossed the road. There was a truck which lost its brake and you were about to crash with it. I heard from the witnesses of the accident that Bokuto tried to save you by pushing you away but you held his hand and hugged him. It's funny that you two said something hilarious that time before crashing."

"What was it?"

He looked at me in the eyes and said it in a serious tone.

"Let's be together forever"

As soon as he said those words, memories from my past were overflowing in my head. I can now remember everything that happened to me for the past years. Those words.... those precious words.

"Aniki! I need to find Bokuto-san right now!"

"Aniki....? It's really been a while hearing this from you. You can remember me now. I'm so happy." He said while tears fell down on his cheeks.

I stand up and grabbed my bag. Aniki opened the door for me and I stopped infront of him. I hugged him so tight and he hugged me back.

"I'm home Aniki"

"Welcome back Keiji"

I run as fast as I can to find Bokuto-san. I know that Kenma lied to me earlier saying Bokuto-san was out of town. I need to find him right now and tell him that my memories are back again.

Bokuto-san, please wait for me. I'm back. Akaashi Keiji is back.

I looked for him on the restaurant that we always eat but he wasn't in there, I looked for him in the zoo that we went into for our first date but he wasn't also in there.

"Mom! Let's go to the amusement park this weekend!"

"Okay but be a good boy first!"

"Okay~~~!"

I stopped running hearing that words from the kid who passed by. Amusement park... shit. I know where he is right now. Amagi Amusement Park.

I was about to call a cab but a car suddenly stopped infront of me.

"Need a ride?"

"Tooru....?"