One Last Time

-Akaashi's POV-

It's been a week since the last time me and Bokuto-san talked. He never went to school nor practice on the club.

"Akaashi, Ken and Dazai, collect all the balls. We'll start practicing after five minutes!"

"Akaashi, are you okay? Can you still practice today?" My brother Hide said

"I'm fine. I can practice today. Our third year setter is not here so the team needs me now."

"I'm sorry Akaashi" Hide said looking worried

"You don't need to say sorry. I'm going to be fine so don't worry" I fake a smile

"Okay. Be ready and we'll start practising how to receive a serve properly."

Since it's not my turn yet, I stood near the door for fresh air.

"WATCH OUT!!!"

*thug*

Eh? The ball didn't hit me? What happened-----

"Hey shithead stop daydreaming and focus on your practice"

De javu.... this also happened on my first day on the club.

I was daydreaming about him before and almost got hit by a ball but then he protected me and got hit by the ball in the head instead.

*baaaam*

"Kōtarō!! You dumbass!!!! Why are you skipping club practices?!" My brother Hide said

"Stop hitting me in the head it hurts!" Bokuto irritatingly said

"Change your clothes and go back to practice!" Hide shouted

"Okay!"

When Bokuto was about leave the gym...

"Oh! I almost forgot. Akaashi please practice spiking with me. I need you."

"You... need.... me?"

"Of course I need you."

"I'm.... happy."

"I need your tosses of course. We'll practice on spiking that's why I need you."

"Oh... really...."

I was disappointed. I thought he changed already. I think I was wrong. Wrong about hoping he'll love me back again.

Minutes passed, Bokuto came back on the gym again.

"Akaashi let's start now"

"Okay Kōtarō-san"

"Kōtarō-san? I don't like you calling me that name. Call me Bokuto-san"

"Bo.. Bokuto.... san?"

"Heh? Why are stuttering?"

"I'm.... Uh... nevermind"

Stop hoping Akaashi. He's not back. He will never love you back. The Bokuto that I know will never be back.

We just practiced normally. It was a never ending practice and his stamina doesn't run out.

I'm happy to see him. To practice once again on this team with him. To practice one last time with him.....

"Onii-chan, I need to go home and start preparing"

"Aren't you hungry? I'll treat you dinner after our practice." Hide said

"No need. I'm not hungry."

"Are you sure about this?"

"Yeah. I've think of this a lot. This will make things better so don't worry about me. I'll be fine"

"If that's what you think, then I'll support you on this."

"Thanks. I need to leave now. Sorry if I can't help on cleaning."

"No it's fine. Be safe and take care! I'll visit you tomorrow morning"

I was about to leave the gym but Bokuto-san was at the entrance.

"Where are you going?" He said.

"I need to go home now. I already told our captain."

"Is that so?"

"Yeah. Thanks for everything..... and Goodbye Bokuto-san"

"Tsk."

He looked irritated. Why does he look like that? Did I do something wrong again?

*thug*

Bokuto pinned me on the wall. He held both of my shoulders and shouted...

"Why the hell are you saying that word?! I told you that I hated that word right?! Are you leaving me?!"

"Kōtarō-san... it.... it..... hurts"

"I'm asking you! You're not the type of guy leaving the gym when you still have things to do. Where are you going?!"

I don't want him to know. No... not now please. I already made up my mind. So please stop. Stop worrying about me.

"I'm... I'm not feeling well. So.... so I need to go home."

He loosened his grip on my shoulders and looked down.

"Really? I'm sorry I hurt your shoulders."

After he said those words, I started walking away from him. Akaashi please don't look back. Don't look at him.

Cause that will be the last time you'll be seeing him.

-Bokuto's POV-

Saturday
7:05 am

I'm still worried about those last words that Akaashi said to me. I told him before that the word that I hated the most was goodbye. Goodbye means that it will put an end on everything.

Why would he say goodbye to me? Was I rude to him last practice?

Should I tell him that my memories are back already? And I want him back?

Then I will just tell him on today's practice. Everything will be fine Akaashi. Please wait for me.

But damn! I'm late already! I need to call our captain and tell him.

*ring ring ring*

"Hello? Captain Hide! I'm sorry I woke up late today. I just finished taking a shower now and I'll run as fast as I ca---"

"We don't have practice today" Hide interrupted

"Heh? But it's saturday today."

"I told the members that we won't be having practice today"

"But why? Did something happen today? Why so sudden? Why aren't I informed about this?"

"Akaashi's leaving."

What... did he just said? No... please... i think I just misheard him. Not now please..

"I'm... sorry... I think... I heard... it wrong."

"No you didn't. Yesterday is the last practice of Akaashi on the club"

"Captain... that's... that's not funny. Stop joking it's not funny."

"I'm not joking. Akaashi is leaving this morning. He'll go to Canada and study there."

I'm surprised on what Hide-san told me. It feels like stabbing me a hundred knives in my chest.

Why? Why now? Now that I regain my memories. Why is he leaving me?

"Hello? Bokuto? Hey!"

I run as fast as I can to Akaashi's house. I still have a lot of things to say. I need and I want you back. I still love you Akaashi!

Please wait for me...