Traumatized

Damn that old man making me do the groceries too. He made me look after the store and now I'm here carrying shopping bags.

*bump*

"WATCH WHERE YOU'R--- Bokuto?"

"AKAASHI!!!!! AKAASHI!!!! AKAASHI!!!! I.... NEED... TO.... TALK..... TO..... YOU!!!!!! AKAASHI!!!!!"

"Akaashi? He's calling Akaashi's name..."

I ran as fast as I can to catch up with Bokuto. He was screaming at the top of his lungs and he was panting so bad.

"AKAASHI!!!! I NEED TO TELL YOU SOMETHING!!!! PLEASE STOP THE CAB!!!!!"

I looked at the cab that Bokuto was chasing and saw Akaashi at the backseat.

"Bo... boku... bokuto-san! You came!"

*beeeeeeeep beeeeeeep*

I saw a truck approaching and I think that the brakes are not working. My heart was beating so fast and I need to catch up at Bokuto to stop him.

"AKAASHI WATCH OUT!!!!!!!!!!"

*crash*

It happened so fast. Bokuto was about to push Akaashi to save him but Akaashi held his hands and hugged him.

The last words that I heard from them was.....

"Let's be together forever"

"Kuroo? Kuroo??!! You're dreaming!"

I slightly open my eyes and see a worried face of Kenma.

"I'm sorry. Did I slept that long?"

"Yeah. You slept for two days already"

"That long?!" I surprisingly said

"What do you want to eat for lunch? I'll cook for you."

"Pork cutlet is fine"

"Okay. Just wait for a while. I'll just call you when lunch is ready."

"Hey, how are they? I'm just worried. Two days have passed already so I'm thinking if there are any progress"

"T-they're f-fine... I need to go to the kitchen"

"You're lying aren't you?"

I heard Kenma sighing. I know Kenma well. He's holding back his tears everytime he is sighing. Minutes passed, Kenma broke the silence.

"There's no chance anymore Kuroo. I went this morning in the hospital and saw Akaashi's auntie and uncle. They told me that both of them have no chance of living. The only reason why they're still breathing right now is the life support machine." Kenma said while tears fell down on his cheeks.

"No! This can't be happening! They were fine a few days ago! How the hell will this happen?!"

"Look Kuroo. Both of them are brain dead already. I know what you feel so plea---"

"YOU KNOW WHAT I FEEL?! DO YOU KNOW HOW I FELT SEEING MY FRIENDS DRENCHING ON THEIR OWN BLOOD, HUH?! DO YOU KNOW WHAT I FELT TRYING TO WAKE THEM UP AND TELL THEM EVERYTHING'S GONNA BE ALRIGHT EVEN IF IT'S NOT?! YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT I FEEL!!!"

I quickly grabbed my coat and went outside. I hurriedly went to the hospital and saw a little kid looking at the window where Akaashi and Bokuto are.

"Uncle Akaashi..... please wake up. I promise I'll eat my bellpeppers and I won't fight mom and dad. Uncle Akaashi...."

"Hotaro, let's go home for today. Daddy is waiting in the car already." A girl on her mid 30s said.

"I don't want to! I want to see Uncle Akaashi and Uncle Bokuto to wake up!"

"Honey, don't be stubborn. Let's go ho---"

"No!"

The kid slapped his mother's hand and run while crying. He accidentally bumped into me and his snot was glued on my pants. He lift his face to see me and started crying.

"Uncle Kuroooooooo save my Uncles please."

"If only I can do that I will"

"Will they wake up soon? They're just sleeping right? Can't I just wake them up so we can play?"

He's hoping. I am too Hotaro. I'm hoping that they'll wake up soon and see them being happy with each other. We promised to play in the nationals together too. I'm hoping.... hoping for them to wake up soon...

"Oh Kuroo-kun"

"Auntie Good afternoon"

"Have you rest well?"

"Yeah I rest too well and forgot to wake up fast"

"That's good to hear from you. I need to discuss something with you so can you come with me for a while?"

I know. I already know what will she say to me. But I'm just too scared to know the truth from her.

"Hotaro, can you please go with Daddy? I need to talk to Uncle Kuroo. Is it okay?"

"Okay mom. We'll wait for you in the car"

After Hotaro left, Auntie's tears started falling.

"There's no chance anymore Kuroo-kun. The doctor told me that we need to make up our mind on when will we remove the life support of Akaashi. Same with Bokuto, both of them are already brain dead. It's been more than a month and there aren't any progress to the both of them. I know Bokuto doesn't have any relatives anymore so I'll discuss this with you."

"No. I don't want to remove the life support. Even if it will take a year or a decade, I will never leave him."

"But your decision is not the same with us Kuroo. Even if Akaashi survives, there's a possibility he won't last long. And now we know that he's brain dead already and the doctor told us that there's no chance, we wanted him to rest well already."

"Are you giving up just because of that?"

"W-what a-are y----"

"If this thing with Akaashi is troublesome for you, then I'll take care of all the things they needed."

"No, it's not that it is troublesome. We're just accepting the reality Kuroo"

"Even if there's a 0.01% of chance for them to live, I will fight for them. I don't believe in miracles but I'm wishing for them to live longer."

I didn't utter a word. I know this will cost a lot of money but I will never give up on them.

"Fine. Let's wait for them to wake up"

I saw her smile but I know it was a sad smile. I know it's hard for them but it's hard for me too.

I should have save the both of them. I wish I ran so fast that time and held Bokuto up and stop Akaashi from crossing the street.

Everything is all my fault...