Chapter Thirty-Nine

To my surprise, Tyler opened the door as soon as I rang the door bell.

His grin grew but I just narrowed my eyes at him because there was nothing to be happy about.

“No need to be sad, you're the one who came to my house,” Tyler commented with a smirk.

“I'll leave if you want me to,” I replied sarcastically.

“No, no. Come inside – make yourself comfortable,” he winked as I passed him when walking into his house.

I knew his house pretty well now, so I just walked into his living room and sat down.

As soon as Tyler came into the living room as well, I immediately started the conversation because I wanted to get over with it. “So, what's your story?”

“You want to get straight into it?” Tyler laughed humourlessly.

I nodded and looked him straight in the eye. I could tell he felt a little uncomfortable, especially when he looked down at his feet instead of me.

“There was this girl –” Tyler began.

“Daniela?” I guessed, remembering Austin's story.

Tyler looked at me in confusion until he realized that Austin had explained his story before.

“Yeah,” He finally said. “I liked her... a lot.”

Just like Austin did? I thought to myself.

“Everyone knew that, including her.”

That's exactly what Austin said as well, but about himself.

“Lemme guess, Austin took her away from you?” I interrupted again.

Tyler shook his head. “Not exactly. Just let me explain.”

I gave a slight nod as an indication for Tyler to continue.

“She was in most of my classes so we did know each other and we obviously flirted and all the usual things, you know? Then one day, I asked her out and she said yes. We went on a few dates until rumours went round in school about Austin liking her.”

Wait, but Austin said that he liked her and rumours went around school that Tyler was the one who apparently liked her as well. But what Tyler is telling me is the opposite of what Austin told me.

“As you know, me and Austin were really close, like brothers. So I asked him straight up, do you like her? He said no and I believed him. Then after a few dates with Daniela, we got into a massive fight and we weren't speaking so we decided to take a 'break'. I went to Austin for help because he was like my older brother, I thought he would help me out. But instead he kissed her that day and I saw it. Obviously I was pissed and I punched him and got into another argument with Daniela. That night there was a party and three of us were going to go, but I didn't end up going, only they went. And at that party they...”

Tyler paused and looked up at me, taking in my shocked expression he stopped talking. I guess, he was wondering whether or not he should carry on.

“Carry on,” I told him.

“They slept together. Everyone knew I liked her, but he knew how crazy I was about her. When I found out, we got into a fight.”

“Didn't they have an explanation?” I wondered out loud.

Tyler sighed and continued his story. “Weeks later he told me that the only reason he slept with her was because he wanted to get back at me.”

“For what?”