Chapter Nine (Pic of Olivia)

“Miss Anderson?” The principle repeated, interrupting my train of thoughts.

Yes – me Sienna Anderson is sitting in the principle's office. I've only been here twice and that was for being a good student, not because of a fight!

I sighed. Adjusting my position in the chair to get comfortable, before I started explaining what happened at the spring festival.

“She came up to me saying all these horrible things to me about some stupid rumours that were going around school. Since she could tell me how she feels about me, I told her what I thought about her and then she threw the first hit. It's not like I'm going to just stand there and let her beat me up! In my defensive, I was protecting myself,” I told the principle honestly.

He nodded, almost in an understanding way. “You've always been a good girl and Natasha's reports are not very good, and I know that you were 'protecting' yourself but it was a fight and it ruined the atmosphere of the rest of the night. For this, I have to give you a week's detention after school for one hour each day.”

I still don't understand why I have to be punished this much, but I'm not going to complain – it will only make this worse and I really don't want longer detentions.

When I went home that night of the fight, I explained everything to my parents and they understood. They knew it wasn't my fault but they still grounded me for the week.

“Oh, one more thing before you go back to your lesson, if you are late to any lessons or cause any more trouble, you will have more detentions to attend to,” The principle warned me before letting me go.

The school hallways were empty as I trudged off to my locker, to get my timetable and books. A girl who was passing by, gave me a dirty look and usually I would wonder why but now I can't be bothered and one of the reasons being is that I'm not how I was last week – I'm different and more confident.

I turned my combination key and got out my timetable sheet. This is just a wonderful day, isn't it? I have to go face Tyler in art for the rest of the hour.

Maybe if I 'forget' my book, I could just go on the computers and do research so I wouldn't be on the same table. Yeah, I'll just do that!

As I neared the classroom, I tried to build up courage but all I wanted to do was run. But I also knew that I had to face him someday and I made a promise to myself that I'm going to be more confident, and doing this means I'm one step closer.

Everyone's head's turned around when I opened the door. I searched the room hoping to find Ms Rick but she wasn't in there which was not a good thing. I walked over to my table and took my seat which was across from Tyler's. He didn't even look up once.

“What did the principle say?” Stephanie asked as soon as I sat down.

“Nothing much really. I have detention for one hour for the rest of the week,” I told them.

From the corner of my eye I could see Tyler glancing up every now and then but he kept quiet.

“What about Natasha?” Jodien chirped in.

“What about her?”

“Is her punishment the same as yours?” Aiden asked.

“I actually don't care as long as she's not in the same room as me!”

Just then Ms Rick walked in and it saved me from having to answer any more questions about Natasha in front of Tyler.

“Ah Sienna, where were you?” She asked.

“Sorry I'm late Miss. I was in the principles office,” I apologized.

“Oh, I see. I hope it's nothing too bad!”