Chapter Eight

ENJOY!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“What's going on?” I asked, not liking the argument between Natasha and my best friend.

“You heard me. Stay away or you will be sorry as hell!” Natasha screamed in my face, making me take a few steps backwards. She stalked off, two of her 'friends' following behind her.

“I want to kill HER!” Olivia yelled, throwing her hands in exaggeration. Wow. I have never seen her this angry before. And who made her this angry? Natasha. Out of all people, it had to be Natasha, didn't it?

“Forget about her,” I told Olivia trying to calm her down.

“How can I? She just won't leave anybody alone!”

“She wants me to stop talking to Tyler, then I'll stop,” I said flatly.

“No! Why would you do that?” Olivia protested against my decision.

“So she could leave us alone.”

“No. You're not giving her the satisfaction of winning. You are the winner. Tyler picked you over her. So, no you will not stop talking to him because of her. In fact, you will bring on the competition,” Olivia smiled at her attempt of a pet-talk.

I don't think Olivia understands when I say that I don't want Natasha annoying us for nothing.

“Uhh... I'm not in competition with her for Tyler. I don't even like him,” I pointed out. “So I don't understand why I should make something so simple into something big when all I have to do is stop talking to him and she will leave us alone for good.”

Olivia's smile turned into a frown when she finally understood what I trying to say. Her eyes drifting across the gym.

I followed her gaze, and saw Tyler trying to get Natasha off of him. She starting twirling a piece of her blonde hair, whilst her other hand trailed up his chest to his neck. I don't know if it was just me, but it looked like Tyler was uncomfortable and I couldn't help but laugh at his facial expression as Natasha tried her best to get him to notice her. Obviously, Olivia found it just as funny as I did, since she was clutching her stomach of laughter.

“That girl.... really... doesn't know..... anything... does she?” Olivia managed to ask in between of laughter.

I shook my head, in agreement.

“If you don't want to fight for Tyler, as least fight for your dignity. Don't let her walk all over you and make her think she's stronger than you,” Olivia advised when she finally calmed down.

“I won't,” I promised.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Only forty more minutes till this festival ends, I thought to myself.

Olivia had made me stay here for the whole night because she thinks going home will make Natasha think that I gave up. I'm not giving up. I'm going to fight my battle against her but I don't want her to think this battle is about Tyler, because it's not.

This battle is her hating on me for no reason. This battle is for my strength and all the people she let down or made upset because she is so self-absorbed. This battle is NOT about Tyler. Definitely, not about Tyler.

I found myself, going to the same wall frequently when I wasn't talking to anyone. And for some strange reason, every time I would be alone, I wanted to speak to Austin. But I hadn't seen him for the rest of the night after our dance. Maybe he went home?