Chapter Twenty-Eight

New week, fresh start. That’s what I kept telling myself as I got ready for school. Unfortunately, I didn’t believe a word of it.

Today was meant to be a really hot day, so I took out a floral summer dress and paired it with gladiator sandals. I let my wavy hair loose, and kept my make-up natural. Me and Olivia had agreed that she’d pick me up today for school.

I ran down the stairs and to the kitchen.

“Morning,” my mum said, placing my cereal on the kitchen table. “You look nice today.”

“Thanks mum,” I said taking it as a compliment rather than an offensive comment, when she added the ‘today’ bit. “What you gonna do today?”

“Nothing to be honest, seeing as it’s my day off, I plan to take Lia to the day care and just laze about,” my mum told me. “Did you get all your coursework for art?”

As I was eating my cereal, it hit me that I needed all my coursework that I’ve done so far in today’s lesson so Ms Rick could check if I needed to change anything. Now that we were coming closer to our exam date, we needed to finish our coursework a couple of weeks before.

I shook my head and then quickly finished off my cereal. Then, I ran upstairs and got my big folder which contained half of my coursework – the other half was in school. I looked at my phone and realized that if Olivia didn’t come soon we were going to be late.

“By the way, Tyler left his hoodie here last night,” my mum told me from the kitchen. “Could you give it to him today in school?”

Can you imagine how everyone would react to me giving Tyler’s hoodie back because he forgot it last night? Yeah, it wouldn’t be a good reaction. Everyone would be assuming things and I can guarantee you, Tyler wouldn’t do anything to stop the rumours – in fact, he’ll just go along with them!

I sighed. “Where is it?”

“Check in the living room,” my mum called back.

I walked into the living room and there it was. A blue hoodie casually lying about on the single sofa. I took it and put it inside my bag, because I definitely didn’t want people to see me carry it around.

As if on queue, Olivia honked her horn. “Bye mum,” I said as I opened the front door.

I ran to her awaiting car. “We’re gonna be late if you don’t drive fast!”

“You look nice today,” Olivia complimented me, completely ignoring what I told her.

“Thanks,” I said.

“Who you trying to impress?” Olivia raised her eyebrows and laughed.

“That’s not funny!” I told her.

“Tyler or Austin?” she carried on laughing.

“Neither in fact, because I planned to keep my distance from Tyler in school and I completely forgot Austin was meant to be in school today,” I informed her.

“And what did I tell you?” Olivia said. “If you ignore Tyler, it will be worse. You’ll be wanting him and that’s not good because you won’t find out your true feelings for him. And remember; try to spend an equal amount of time with each of them to find out which one you like more.”

“But it’s not that simple! Me and Tyler kissed and I feel… weird. I don’t just kiss people randomly!”

“Yes, but Tyler seems to kiss people randomly. Now, just go along with my plan. Trust me, it’ll work!” she said, trying to convince me that her plan was best.