Chapter Thirty-Two

I twirled around in my strapless pale pink long dress. It was very simple with sparkles at the top of the dress, slowing fading out. It had a slit on the left side, from the bottom just above mid-thigh. I wore nude heels and my hair was curled in a half-up half-down hairstyle. As for jewellery, I wore a simple sparkling bracelet and on the other hand I wore a ring on my ring finger. Olivia had kept my make-up simple as well, with light brown smoky eye-shadow and wing eye-liner.

I thought what I was wearing what a bit extra but Olivia had insisted that this is what people wear to formal events. She was probably relating my real life to gossip girl but I still went along with what she said. I heard the doorbell, so I grabbed my nude clutch and slowly made my way downstairs.

Suddenly, I felt nervous and I had butterflies in my stomach. I’m not sure whether I’m nervous because of how I look or because I’m going to a formal event with Austin. Nevertheless, I’m nervous and I became even more nervous when I saw Austin at the front door, looking absolutely hot, wearing a suit. He was talking to my dad and they both chuckled at something.

Not only were these heels killing me, but I couldn’t walk in them either. When I finally got downstairs, my mum and dad looked shocked but they still complimented me.

I then came further into view, and that’s when Austin saw me. He was standing there, his mouth slightly open looking me up and down. I blushed furiously and decided if I got in the car faster, it would be less weird.

“You look beautiful,” Austin said, causing me to blush all over again.

“Thank you,” I breathed, as we walked down my driveway to his car. “You don’t look so bad yourself!”

He opened the car door for me and closed it shut when I got in. Just being around him made me get this weird feeling inside of me. But I liked this feeling.

Austin told me to keep an eye out for some people as we drove to the place. He told me what his dad looked like – and he made sure to tell me that his dad would be asking questions about me. He also told me how it’s a company celebration, so there may be some people there that they don’t get along with but they had to be invited because they’re part of the company.

This ‘party’ was being hosted in a restaurant which was joined to another building. We’re supposed to eat dinner at the restaurant and then go next door for speeches and awards.

As we walked inside the restaurant, I held my dress up so I didn’t trip whilst walking. When we neared the entrance door, I noticed Tyler’s dad walking in as well.

Oh my god! This cannot be happening! Oh my god! I just realized that Tyler’s dad co-owns the company with Austin’s dad. This means both of their families were going to be here! Oh my god!

“Are we seated with other people?” I asked Austin, feeling uneasy now that I realized Tyler could be here as well.

“It’s my family and Tyler’s family on one table since we co-own the company and then other families are seated on other tables,” Austin told me as we walked into the restaurant.

Great! This is wonderful. Tyler will be sitting on the SAME table as us! I thought maybe, just maybe, I could avoid seeing Tyler but now I can’t. There’s no way I can not see Tyler tonight.

It was like those big posh places with massive chandeliers around the place. Each round table had a white card, informing who was sitting where.

Austin greeted some people and stopped to talk to some whilst we made our way to the table which was in the middle of the whole restaurant. There weren’t many people that had arrived yet and there was no-one on our table. There was a smaller white care in front of Austin’s seat which had his name printed on it and the seat next to his was blank for whoever was his date, which was me.