Chapter Twenty-Five

“Sorry, but I can’t come,” Olivia told me as we walked to the parking lot.

“It’s alright. Are you going to the ‘museum’ now?” I asked her.

“Yep. Jay said he’d pick me up at my house and then go from there.”

Because today was a Wednesday, our art table had made a plan to go to Tyler’s house and watch a movie. This was why I was going straight to his house after dropping Olivia off at her house.

“This is so cute. He likes you more than a friend but he still respects the fact that you don’t want to be more than just friends yet!” I said as we got into my car and I drove off.

Olivia smiled at the thought of Jay, and I could tell that she likes him more than a friend, but she’s afraid of being hurt again. “He’s really sweet! What did Tyler do this art lesson?”

I thought back to my third lesson today. “The usual. Trying to annoy me and get the others suspicious by making them think something between us is going on when really nothing actually is, and they just told me details about our meet up today.”

“He’s head over heels for you,” Olivia sighed, happily.

“He doesn’t even like me!”

“He so does! I swear, ever since you two became closer, he hasn’t been out with anyone. Not ONE person. And he chose you over Natasha. I can just tell that he likes you – more than a friend,” Olivia said and even though what she was saying about him not going out with anyone was true, I still didn’t believe he liked me.

Maybe I should tell Olivia that I actually like him. She already knows that I do, but I have never admitted it to her because I was never sure myself.

“What did the principle say to you yesterday after gym class?” I asked her, remembering the mini argument her and Natasha had had in front of our whole gym class.

“Not much. He and Mr Williams agreed to move me from the group and they warned Natasha about this being her last chance or something.”

“Why did they move you from the group?! They should’ve moved Natasha!” I exclaimed, as I stopped at a red traffic light.

“I don’t know and when I argued back with the principle, he said that it wouldn’t work any other way. I also told him that you and she don’t get along with you but I think he ignored that completely!”

I sighed. “We don’t get along at all!”

“How can you get along with her? First, she tries to mess up your life by trying to win Tyler back, which didn’t even work, and now with Matt. Don’t get me wrong – I’m over Matt, but why go after him? Why not someone else? It was bad enough when she tried to get Tyler back,” Olivia let out a runt. I didn’t blame her either.  “And he likes you a lot. I know you say you don’t like him and he doesn’t like you back, but you have to listen to me; Tyler really likes you.”

Listening to Olivia tell me all this stuff, made me feel slightly guilty for not telling her how I feel about Tyler. I know it might not be a big deal but we tell each other everything and ever since I realized I do like Tyler, I never got round to telling her because I always doubted that I liked him.

“I have something to tell you,” I said, parking in Olivia’s driveway.

“What?” Olivia asked, sounding shocked.

I turned around in my seat to face her. “I think… I like Tyler!”

She squealed and jumped up and down in the passenger’s seat. “I knew it! I knew it!” She squealed some more before calming down. “You finally admitted it! Now you two can be together!”