Chapter Twenty-Six

Friday.

Today was finally the day I’d been anticipating for, but worried about at the same time. I didn’t know why. It’s not like mine and Tyler’s family know about the rumours that went round in school. And none of them know that I like Tyler.

I was a little early to school, so I went to my homeroom and put my headphones in and sat there quietly, my back facing the door. I took out a plain sheet from my bag and a pencil. I started drawing randomly and shading in flowers and decorations to waste time.

I was mid-way through a song, when someone gently pushed me forward onto the table. At first it, I thought it was Olivia but when the person who had pushed me, to get my attention, sat down I realized it wasn’t Olivia, but it was Tyler instead.

“Did you have to push me?” I asked sarcastically, whilst taking off my headphones and putting them in my bag.

“Yeah, since you couldn’t hear me,” Tyler responded. “What you drawing?”

I looked at my piece of paper, and scrunched it up. “Nothing. Just doodling for fun to pass time.”

“You looked pretty intense whilst drawing it,” Tyler grinned.

“Hahaha. No! That’s not funny. You’re just jealous my art work is better than yours!”

“You won’t be saying that when I get the better grade.”

“Oh but I will, because I intend on keeping my grades high,” I replied.

“So do I,” Tyler smirked. “So, tonight should be fun.”

“Why’s that?” I asked even though I probably knew what he was trying to do.

“Me. You..” Tyler left his sentence hanging, as if I was supposed to carry it on.

“And your family and mine,” I smirked, knowing that wasn’t the sentence he wanted me to say. “I still can’t believe our dads were friends.”

“You say it like it’s a bad thing,” Tyler said.

“It’s not. I just find it… weird!”

“Why?” He smiled. “Because we have chemistry?”

“What chemistry?” I tried to act as if I couldn’t care any less about what he had to say, but my actions contradicted my words. My cheeks flushed a light shade of pink.

“All you have to do is tell me, and I’m all yours babe,” Tyler stretched his arms out and laughed.

I laughed along with him, knowing that he was joking. But sometimes I really wished he wasn’t. Sometimes, I really wished he meant what he was saying.

“Are you flirting with me Tyler Richardson?” I asked, hoping to lighten this conversation and make it less awkward.

“This is only the beginning,” Tyler smirked. “Wait what I have in store for you tonight.”

I titled my head backwards and sighed. “Why me?” I looked back at Tyler only to find an amusing smile on his face. “Please don’t do anything stupid.”

“Does it look like I would do something stupid? Really?”

I stared at him for a good few seconds, and took in his natural beauty before answering. “Do you really want me to answer that?”

“I’m not bragging or anything but I’ll let you know something interesting about me,” Tyler leaned closer to me as if what he was about to tell me was top-secret and no-one could know. “I get good grades, some above average and I’m hot, and I have muscles,” He flexed his arm up, to show his built muscles.